Axis or allies?grmne?USSR?us?uk?jpn?

• well I was just curious as to what you choose to play as and why? anyone reply to this, just tell me why you’re side is so good. or if you just play as one country why do you prefer them?

ohh and personally the allies are the best! I love the fact that you can’t win without cooperation between the countries! axis you don’t have nearly enough cooperation…not until the game is just about won newho!

1. use the “search” feature, or simply look at some of the other posts at the forum - you will find a lot more info than you will receive here (not to discourage you - it is an appropriate post - just looking to help you out).
    2. I love Japan. i think it requires the most strategy. Also what it does has an indirect effect on Germany in WEU, as well as in Africa.
    3. Of the allies - i like the UK - they have a versatile role, and can play the spoiler.
      i will add more later

• hey if I wanna see a bunch of people argue than this is the perfect post and I do wanna see people argue! :D

• I love the Allies because so much can go wrong for them and yet still win the game, and even if you play bids for the Axis in order to balance the game. A bid is of course of bonus allotment of units given to the Axis prior to R1.

• well of all the nations USSR is the most important in the allies I believe… they connect all the routes by which the allies can assist each other!

• 2007 AAR League

I like the Allies cause they are easier to win with. However, the Axis are always fun if you’re looking for a challenge :D.

• I disagree the USSR could be played by a chimp. :D Whenever I play teams games where I am the most experienced player I always make sure I get the Uk, and that the least experienced player gets Russia because it is relatively easy for my to steer him in the right direction if he is Russia and I am the Uk. I also think the US is very important and moreso that most think, but that is another matter.

I like Germany. I love the challenge. So much to do, and you really have to be on the top of your game to win.

• Japan is my favorite. It has a good navy, can expand a lot to get a big income, and has a lot of options. Plus, with the Allies using the Germany First stragety, Japan only has to worry about a couple Russian terrioties.

Everyone is challenging but I prefer the Allies as a team because they are forced to work together…

GG

• ok first of all… agentsmith"USSR could be played by a chimp"…
    that’s true in some regards I have to admit that, but it also depends on what kind of chimp you’re playing against… it’s probably the easiest to explain to a newcomer but how long on there own would it take them to learn to use USSR to it’s fullest power… probably quite a while…and if you want a truely good A&A player out of them I would hope you’d let them discover it on their own… that’s part of the fun… playing discovering doing things wrong a few times. :wink:

and second the axis isn’t incredibly hard to win with… you do have to be excedingly aggressive with the axis… with the IPC battle by gaining as many territories as you can in a short amount of time.

• I disagree I think the Axis is very hard to win with. In the PBEM clubs I belong to win % rates are far higher with the Allies than with the Axis, and only a few very skilled players can win even 66% of their games with the Axis. This is because while a wrong move can cost you the game so can not making the right move soon enough.

I would never let a Newbie play the Uk in a team game, and I would be very hesitant to give them the US as well. With Russia at least I can tell them what to do and what not to. If they listen then fine we will win, and if not there is a clear reason to point the finger at later. The US/UK are the two Allies that must be played reactively based on what either Germany/Japan has done and therefore it does to take more skill to manage them.

• I say allies, because i always try to do and defeat the axis as quick as the big 3 did! 8) :-?

• allright well it seems most people like the axis. one reason I probably think differently than most is because I was taught to play axis and allies by a very skilled AXIS player. when I first became an A&A player I had a very hard time beating him…… also because he has grown as I have grown. he’s become exceedingly good with the axis. meaning most of his A&A friends loose to him 100% of the time… with the exception of course of the veteran players 20+ yrs. when you play against someone who has the axis down to an art. the allies don’t seem as impossible to loose against as u all have in your minds. 8)

Assuming the people playing are of the same skill level (and are good to expert) then in a no bid game the Axis win only about 5% of the time, if that. Bid games vary, in a no RR game the Axis need anywhere from 18-24 IPC to make the game even remotely fair and in RR, the Axis need about 9-15 to be able to at least put up a fight.

The Allies can make multiple mistakes and not play optimal and still win while one mistake on the Axis part can cost you the game, especially in round 1 or 2.

• I would say the Axis needs the higher range of bids to win say 24+ or 15 for RR.

• DarthMaximus I think you’re getting a little disproportioned with your figures. trust me the axis is not that bad off if you’re a good player. you have to know where to spend IPCs. but honestly if you’re a good axis player you shouldn’t have that big a problem. let me guess tho you’re one of those players who buys all tanks the first turn right?

like the allies you have to make many critical buys/moves on the first turn infact the first turn in many cases can win or loose a game……suchas buy industry…navy/transports if you need them harras ussr but remember to defend…just spend wisely if you know what I mean it can make a huge difference. note: none of the stuff I mentioned for you to buy is a specific list… just saying try different things you’re bound to hit gold.

well try using planes to take out atlantic navy, trust me that alone can make a huge dent. if you take out america’s transport and the one by canada and england. Note:there is a sub near america for germans. use it on american trans.

well that’s enough info for now… just don’t automatically say this isn’t fair we need to change the rules…change how you think.

• your right, the russians could be played by a chimp, i pummel my buddy that plays as the germasn over and over, no matter how sound is strat is.

• If you have two equally skilled players, then the Axis are the most likely to win. Many times it depend on the personality of the players. If you get an aggressive Axis player and a passive Allied player, the Allies are going down. If both sides are passive, then you’re in for a long game. If the Allies are aggressive and the Axis are passive, then the Axis is going to be dead in record time. The real trick is to know when to be passive and when to be aggressive. Lightning wolf will back me up on the fact that you don’t want to be too gun ho, but you don’t want to just sit there and wait for it. Just to let you all know, I’m the Axis player that taught “lightning wolf” the game. I would back him up on the fact that Russia is the key to victory for the Allies. It is the proverbial rock which the Axis waves wash against. When Russia stands, it forces a two front war for Germany and Japan. If Russia falls, the Axis will be able to focus on their own fronts. I would advise anyone who plays A&A to take on a pupil and teach them everything you know. When they get as good or better then you, it forces you to improve yourself. That’s exactly what happened with me.

• im about as aggresive as they come, and i generally play as russia. my german oponent is agresive too, but i still always beat him.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m