• I dont recall seeing anything about the Liberia, i could be wrong. But I figured “what the hey, why not?” So who, if anyone, do you think should step into Liberia to help out?

• US policy, except under "Bomb if the blue dress comes up"Clinton, is to only involve itself in situations of national threat or US citizen endangerment. We went in because of Saddam’s non-compliance, WMDs, Iraqi people’s suffering and death and (though the Bush Administration will not admit it) oil. Free the Iraqi people to spend the oil on their country insted of SH’s palaces and it will create a new beginning for Iraq and the Middle East (Idealistic aren’t I?)

UN wanted us to stay out of Iraq, but go to Liberia.

EU and NATO wanted us to stay out of Iraq. (Don’t know @ the moment re: Liberia)

The Black Caucus, a US House of Representatives minority group with official space in the Capitol building(the only one of its kind), wanted The US to stay out of Iraq, but go to Liberia.

The US Democrats wanted us to stay out of Iraq. They said we’d lose tens of thousands of American lives(soldiers do that sometimes.) The Iraqi people have lost an average of 25,000 a year during Saddams reignbut go to Liberia.

The Bush Administration is attempting to help in a low-key way. Sending a few advisors to help the governments of West Africa to solve the Liberia Civil War. It will show them they can solve some of their own problems and give the US military a breather.

As a matter of fact, I see no problem letting some UN Peacekeeping forces into some areas/nations after the US/UK/ AUST/POL or whoever has kicked the bejeebers out of the “bad guys.”(I use this term loosely, as, of course, “We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of G-d.” :wink: )

• So what? We went in after some oil. Big deal. All right, a little logic here. Who gets the oil? Big companies. What do they do? Sell it. Who gets it? Some of it goes to other companies, some of it goes to consumers. What do other companies do with it? Use it to whatever end to sell stuff to people. In our capitalism based society, the consumer is the reason for companies to exist. Therefore, if you have a problem with wars for oil, stop using the stuff! Of course, you will also have to stop using anything that has any relation to oil, so logically, if you refute me, you’re already wrong!

Disclaimer: Lay into me if you want, I may be illogical and have ill-thought out ideas, but it does make a certain kind of sense, doesn’t it? :roll:

• The point is: Liberia is a country founded by you. It is what comes closest to an ex-colony.
    Just as you accuse that the French go in when their ex-colonies have trouble, we want you to go in when your ex-colony has trouble.
    You have responsibility for them (sure we could discuss the degree, but not the fact).

And the official abbreviation for Australia is: AUS, the inofficial (used by native AUSsies) is Oz.

• @F_alk:

The point is: Liberia is a country founded by you. It is what comes closest to an ex-colony.
    Just as you accuse that the French go in when their ex-colonies have trouble, we want you to go in when your ex-colony has trouble.
    You have responsibility for them (sure we could discuss the degree, but not the fact).

And the official abbreviation for Australia is: AUS, the inofficial (used by native AUSsies) is Oz.

Actually Liberia and Ethiopia were the only independent country in Africa for many years.

• The government of Liberia is VASTLY different from the once-colony that you refer to. :(

• Liberia has a Government? Oh you ment that guy Bush told to step down?

Liberia’s Government has no control over it’s country. Unless you want another hotbed of terrorists, we gota get in there now rather than later.

• And repeat another Somalia? That’s iffy….

Why can’t we let the African peace-keeping force take care of it?

• @F_alk:

The point is: Liberia is a country founded by you. It is what comes closest to an ex-colony.

F_, careful here! A little twisting of definitions and the GWB Administration will move to correct the problems in Japan, Germany, Canada and France.

Pardon the Australia error(Austria is AUT, isn’t it?) I’d be better at it if we had the Olympics ever year or more countries on our borders. But, why bother? We will have a one world government forming before I die, most likely, so why learn something that I’ll just have to forget? :wink:

• How long would soldiers have to be there? Till both sides stop shooting each other, till a new gov’t is in place or till the country is stable?

• Likely till UN force relieve them.

• with the length it takes the UN to accomplish anything, theyll be there for years

• Well if it is just till U.N. troops releive them, why not just let the forces from West Africa hold the line since they are there.

• @F_alk:

F_alk, does that mean you believe that Japan should be responsible for putting North Korea in its place? After all, Korea did become Japan’s colony in 1910 until the end of World War 2. Liberia, on the other hand, has not been an American colony for over a century.

• @EmuGod:

@F_alk:

F_alk, does that mean you believe that Japan should be responsible for putting North Korea in its place? After all, Korea did become Japan’s colony in 1910 until the end of World War 2. Liberia, on the other hand, has not been an American colony for over a century.

right,
    and how does the UK deal with Hong Kong (India, much of Africa), or Portugal w/ Macau? And is Holland still responsible for South Africa, and to what degree?
    Africans were brought from Africa to America. America returned them to Africa. The Americans and America today bear very little resemblance to America and Americans of yester-year, and my feeling is that their responsibility ends with: a) any contracts/treaties that were signed, and b) that of the rest of the world to keep violence and killing down to a minimum as part of a globel community.

• @cystic:

right,
    and how does the UK deal with Hong Kong (India, much of Africa), or Portugal w/ Macau? And is Holland still responsible for South Africa, and to what degree?
    Africans were brought from Africa to America. America returned them to Africa. The Americans and America today bear very little resemblance to America and Americans of yester-year, and my feeling is that their responsibility ends with: a) any contracts/treaties that were signed, and b) that of the rest of the world to keep violence and killing down to a minimum as part of a globel community.

Also, who would be in charge or straightening out Cuba and the Philippines? The United States or Spain? Both of them owned those as colonies, so which one of them has to get rid of Alo-Qaeda linked terrorists in the Philippines or of Castro?

• The Liberia thing can go really well or really bad. How long we stay and what we do depends on the patiance of the American people. And since we live in a fast food world here I have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

If American soliders start dying in Liberia and We are still in it knee-deep in Iraq, watch American support go away real fast!!!

• And whos going to straighten out the US? Get rid of all this democracy nonsense? You going to try to make the British, Spanish, French, and Russians work together on it?

:D

• What a laugh! Picture it…

…the staid British fixing NYC(Harlem & Grenwich Village)…

the lingually challenged French(remember they have a committee to create new French words to replace Amero-English words creeping into their language) straightening out New Orleans(Mardi Gras)…

The easy going Spanish correcting the California nightmare(San Francisco & Hollywood.) Let’s not overtax them with responsibility for Sacramento. :wink: …

…and didn’t the Russians have a claim on WA, OR & British Columbia?!

• @El:

What a laugh! Picture it…

…the staid British fixing NYC(Harlem & Grenwich Village)…

the lingually challenged French(remember they have a committee to create new French words to replace Amero-English words creeping into their language) straightening out New Orleans(Mardi Gras)…

The easy going Spanish correcting the California nightmare(San Francisco & Hollywood.) Let’s not overtax them with responsibility for Sacramento. :wink: …

…and didn’t the Russians have a claim on WA, OR & British Columbia?!

just Alaska kemo . . . .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m