• @WILD:

Adv art could allow you to fire your two preempt (no return fire)

that seems reasonable, artilery gets a 2 or less preemptive fire on attack and defence, in my opnion advanced artliery represents powerful weapons like the German 88mm and the Soviet Katyuhas so this represents their long range firepower well. Tac Bombers have even longer range than any kind of artillery(obviously cause their aircraft) aswell as the weapons to easily elimnate point targets so if one side has a tac bomber they then negate “advanced” artillery’s preempitve strike like a destroyer negates a sub’s preemptive strike. This also keeps advanced artillery from obsoleting infantry.

You bring up a good point with  the AB and NB techs, but what would that represent historically, the 12 tech should be the 12 technolgies that were most influencial in determining how the war was fougth. I dont really like imporving AB since they are already very powerful and if they increased range anymore they would be doing it beyong what was histrocialy possible. NB imporvement makes a little more sence, perhaps their could be a tech called “Fueling Ships” and ships can move 4 instead of 3 spaces when they start next to a NB.

• Rockets - AA Guns may conduct strategic attacks on Industrial complexes 3 territories away, these attacks may not be intercepted

Heavy Bombers - Your Strategic bombers roll two dice when conducting strategic attacks, during combat they roll two dice and choose the best result

Increased Production - Your Factories repair at ½ cost, Reduced cost for some land units (TBD)

Jet Fighters - Your Fighters and Tactical Bombers attack preemptively during combat

Paratroopers - Your Airbases may serve as launch points for up to two infantry who may move to any enemy territory within 3 spaces during the combat move phase only

Super Subs - Your subs attack on a 3 or better

Radar/Sonar - Your AA fires at a 2 or better, also your destroyers fire preemtively when attacking submarines

Advanced Artillery - Your Artillery supports 2 infantry on the attack

Heavy Armor - Your tanks have either their attack or defense raised to 4, players choice. You may not recieve this tech twice or change your choice

Long Range Aircraft - Fighers and Tactical fighters have their move incresed to 5, bombers move is increased to 7

Improved Shipyards - Reduced cost for Naval Units (TBD)

War Bonds - Roll a die during your collect income phase and collect that many more IPCs

Like Larry said……most of the same from A&A 50

• @oztea:

Rockets - AA Guns may conduct strategic attacks on Industrial complexes 3 territories away, these attacks may not be intercepted

Heavy Bombers - Your Strategic bombers roll two dice when conducting strategic attacks, during combat they roll two dice and choose the best result

Increased Production - Your Factories repair at ½ cost, Reduced cost for some land units (TBD)

Jet Fighters - Your Fighters and Tactical Bombers attack preemptively during combat

Paratroopers - Your Airbases may serve as launch points for up to two infantry who may move to any enemy territory within 3 spaces during the combat move phase only

Super Subs - Your subs attack on a 3 or better

Radar/Sonar - Your AA fires at a 2 or better, also your destroyers fire preemtively when attacking submarines

Advanced Artillery - Your Artillery supports 2 infantry on the attack

Heavy Armor - Your tanks have either their attack or defense raised to 4, players choice. You may not recieve this tech twice or change your choice

Long Range Aircraft - Fighers and Tactical fighters have their move incresed to 5, bombers move is increased to 7

Improved Shipyards - Reduced cost for Naval Units (TBD)

War Bonds - Roll a die during your collect income phase and collect that many more IPCs

Like Larry said……most of the same from A&A 50

I hope not,

your jet figher tech seems like something out of genesis, i dont see the connection too WW2

The sonar rule is too messy, although I admit i cant think of anything better for sonar however much i think it should be reprsented in the game.

War bonds and advanced artillery are still there and unchanged.

Choosing if your heavy tanks attack at 4 or defend at 4 is interesting, although choosing your tech is out of place in a randomly determmined tech scheme; it would be better if other techs had multiple options too. I would just have heavy tanks defend at four to keep it historical.

• @i:

and there were jet FTR in wwii ever heard of the ME262 :-D

:lol:, i understand there were jet fighters in world war 2, i was remarking on how oztea’s (and AA50’s for that matter) rule dosnt reflect what jet fighters were or why they were developed.

• How about we throw in some F-22 Raptors as a technology bonus :-D

• Yeah, your hit accuracy is always 100%. Every time you conduct a bombing run, it is automatically 6 damage for each plane.

• I gave preemptive attack for jets because fighters attacking at 4 would make tactical bombers useless
    tactical bombers attacking at 5 would be preposterous
    jet fighters defending at 5 would be retarded

what does a jet do for fighters exactly? what does it enhance?
    their speed, their speed vs propeler aircraft
    so attacking preemtively shows how the germans used their jets, in near supersonic, neckbreaking dives into bomber formations.

Any other bonus would get out of hand

sonar is there because Radar is a bum tech for some powers (Japan, US) so you get SOMETHING out of that tech

war bonds cant be changed, adv. arty? Rerolls misses for itself during the first combat round? i dunno

Attacking at 4 or defending at 4 is a comprimise, you dont raise the cost, you get one or the other, either a king tiger, or a t-34, or a something we never heard of

• Sonar is already represented via DD advantages vs subs in the rulebook.

• @oztea:

what does a jet do for fighters exactly? what does it enhance?
    their speed, their speed vs propeler aircraft
    so attacking preemtively shows how the germans used their jets, in near supersonic, neckbreaking dives into bomber formations.

Jet fighters were great intercpetors, so they should intercept on at 3 or at 4 during SBR instead of at a 2 . Aircraft are bordering on overpowered when they atttack as it is.

• I like the preempt (deadly shot) for jet ftrs on attack or def (w/o modifying their values). It shows they were faster, and wouldn’t get hit if they destroyed the enemy first. It might be reserved for ftrs only. It could also work for SBR on either side, who ever has JF would fire their one deadly shot before the dog fight, and the enemy doesn’t fire back if hit. The only problem would be if both sides have JF in a SBR, then it would cancel each other out as they would fire simultaneously. The other thing to consider in a normal battle is that if a JF deadly shot took out the ftr or tank that a tac was paired with it wouldn’t get its 4. I agree that raising the attack of ftrs to a 4 would undermine the use of the tac, and 5’s would be crazy.

The only other thing that might make sense is to allow JF to target their prey if they hit, instead of preempt shot.

I like that you didn’t nerf the HB in SBR. That way at least the reward might out weigh the risk.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Aircraft are bordering on overpowered when they atttack as it is.

Well I think the problem is that the effectiveness of AC cannot be set to one fixed simple value and then applied equally to its myriad tactical applications: strafing dug-in ground units, battling other AC for air supremacy in the airspace over a land-battle, or engaging surface vessels on open water.

• @i:

well if you straf people they will shot you via rifles smgs lmgs heavy mechineguns and sturgervare44{assultrifle44}

Thinking it’s not going to happen on a scale sufficient to “destroy” an air unit.

And I’d think the credit of infantry kills would better go to an infantry unit’s specialized AD formation assets. A troop of Wirbelwinds or something….

But we’re talking about the lethality of AC and not their susceptibility to ground fire… that’s another can of worms!

• I like the idea of paratroopers. It might end the strategy of “clumping” or at least disrupt it.

I do not like how it is a tech. I wish you could just buy a paratrooper regiment and use it any time. I just personally like the game better without the tech rules.

• @trackmagic:

I like the idea of paratroopers. It might end the strategy of “clumping” or at least disrupt it.

I do not like how it is a tech. I wish you could just buy a paratrooper regiment and use it any time. I just personally like the game better without the tech rules.

Agreed. Paratroopers should not be a tech. And I also do not like tech in the game. It’s kind of like gambling.

• @Brain:

@trackmagic:

I like the idea of paratroopers. It might end the strategy of “clumping” or at least disrupt it.

Agreed. Paratroopers should not be a tech. And I also do not like tech in the game. It’s kind of like gambling.

I have no problems with paratroopers as a tech, reflecting the innovation etc. required to deliver an entire formation with supporting assets by air…. but, having said that, really the techs should come in two varieties: R&D intensive “gambles” and time intensive “sure things”.

I put together a House Rule thread that sounded extremely complicated about this. Too complex to repeat.

• @i:

i like the idea of buy techs so on but the system to get them is dumb!
    oyu dont invest money on somwhting and then when it fails you dont generly give up you kep trying

Presuming the 1940 Tech rules are similar to AA50, you won’t give up or lose any IPCs attempting to develop techs.  They carry over until something is developed.

• I would invest in technology if that system were to be used for the global game.

• @molinar13:

I would invest in technology if that system were to be used for the global game.

the AA50 system?

• @allboxcars:

@i:

i like the idea of buy techs so on but the system to get them is dumb!
    oyu dont invest money on somwhting and then when it fails you dont generly give up you kep trying

Presuming the 1940 Tech rules are similar to AA50, you won’t give up or lose any IPCs attempting to develop techs.  They carry over until something is developed.

ya this one

• that’s more sensible than just losing the IPC and the chance to develop something!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m