Question: Number of Players in AAE/AAP40 World Game

• @Subotai:

@Flashman:

Only a rock solid Russo-Japanese NAP will prevent this, and for 1940 the timing is wrong.

You seem to forget that there was also a no-attack-treaty or alliance, between Germany and Russia. Guess what happened?
    In A&A we can do different things than the real WW2 commanders did. If you disagree with this, then you are advocating for a completely different game than A&A has been from Classic to AAP40.

Yes, If we could only do what happened in the real war, then why play the game. Allies win, Axis lose.

• @Brain:

This is the complete list of what FMG will produce for each country.

Naval Units:
    Transport
    Submarine
    Destroyer
    Cruiser
    Carrier
    Battleship
    *Task Force Marker (Similar to AAP)

Air Units:
    Fighter
    Bomber
    Dive Bomber (TAC Bomber)
    *Air Transport

Army Units:
    *Infantry (Two Sculpts each)
    *Armour (Two Sculpts each)
    Artillery
    Half Track
    *Truck
    *Commander Unit

Other Units Bonus:
    *Major Factory
    *Minor Factory
    *AA Gun
    *Bunker Unit (fortification)
    *Naval Base Unit-Marker
    *Air Base Unit-Marker
    *Army HQ Unit-Marker

*units are those which are not currently found in AA40

This is awesome!!! When are the preorders and pics???

Is this confirmed???

Field Marshal should be making Larry’s games!!! :?

• I’ve heard this turn order also:

1. Germany
    2. Russia/France
    3. Japan
    4. UK/ANZAC
    5. Italy
    6. US/China

Six players is plenty- each player has enough to do.  With 9 players 3-4 will be doing a lot of sitting around.

• @questioneer:

I’ve heard this turn order also:
    1. Germany
    2. Russia/France
    3. Japan
    4. UK/ANZAC
    5. Italy
    6. US/China
    Six players is plenty- each player has enough to do.  With 9 players 3-4 will be doing a lot of sitting around.

Two players is all you need, and all that I can ever find.

• @questioneer:

I’ve heard this turn order also:

1. Germany
    2. Russia/France
    3. Japan
    4. UK/ANZAC
    5. Italy
    6. US/China

Six players is plenty- each player has enough to do.  With 9 players 3-4 will be doing a lot of sitting around.

That’s a carbon copy of AA50 (41 set up) with France and Anzac thrown in. So it has merit. Germany should defiantly start the hostilities. Japan in the 3 spot feels about right, although it probably won’t attack until its 2nd turn (maybe 3rd). I’m sure that a Jap attack (similar political rules as AA40P) will boost US incomes on both sides of the board, with dec of war on Germany & Italy so the axis better talk it over.

One thing that Larry said very early on though is that the French (fleet) would most likely be controlled by the UK player. Maybe he was referring to AA40E and not GL, where I think France might get its own turn, just like the Anzac does in AA40P. Although Russia playing France is very fitting in GL, after the fall of Paris they were both hostel allies LOL. I was kinda surprised when US went 2nd in AA40P, but I guess it didn’t matter much with just one axis of evil power.

• Its to prevent the can opener cheese, atleast I hope so.

• Yea your right. In AA40P the US going later would be to easy for UK/ANZ to open doors.

• or ummm, the us opens doors for ANZAC + UK
    Just build a huge fleet as US…ANZAC + UK build transports etc, to recapture islands

The can opener still exists, it will always exist

• yes but that is better than the US buying all subs while ANZAC can openers until the seas are completely cleared.

• The smaller power opening the door for the larger power is more dangerous. I know it works the other way especially when your all fighting one enemy, but its not as effective. If UK/Anz were allowed to take out a couple of blocker (DD) units (maybe all they can do) then the US comes in and smokes your fleet, OUCH. The turn order in this game doesn’t allow for that. The UK/Anz are really just minor powers, and would be hard pressed to deliver the Knock out punch normally. Of coarse the allies should always coordinate their efforts though.

• And that is why I would perfer a turn order of Italy, France, UK, Germany, Russia, or something to that effect.  Make sure italy goes before germany in relation to russia’s turn.  Otherwise its back to aa50 '41.

The biggest change, other than japan’s lack of transports, is that italy cannot can opener.  It lets russia be much more aggressive.

• Customizer

If UK has adequate power in the Med it should be able to put enough pressure on Italy to distract it from can opener operations in the east.  African income is a much bigger proportion of income for Italy, and something it cannot afford to lose without becoming insignificant.

• yeah but it only takes 1 or 2 tanks to threaten a can opener, if turn order lets italy go before germany in relation to russia’s turn, we will have a problem.

• The best turn order to avoid can openers:

Japan
    Russia/France
    Germany
    USA/China
    Italy
    UK/ANZAC

• Nice razor, very nice.  That would be a perfect turn order.

• Reverse the order for the ULTIMATE CAN OPENER OPTION :-D

• i agree it will be a stock 6 player game, but it could have many more players
    Germany
    Italy
    japan
    western US player
    Eastern US player
    ANZAC
    Eastern UK player
    Western UK player (the way i see it the UK needs to be activly operating in the pacific for any chance on an allied victory)
    China
    Frace
    USSR

So there could be (COULD) 11 players.  I must admit that two US players would be a nice convience with how big the board is going to be.

• @fanofbond:

So there could be (COULD) 11 players.  I must admit that two US players would be a nice convience with how big the board is going to be.

Ha ha lol, you will never find 11 players. It will be like you have to wait two houers between your turns. No man, this game will most likely have 2 or 4 players. I hardly doubt more than 4 players.

• 6 is the most- 4 probable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m