• New member alert, I’m sure this has been covered but, I had a question and a gripe.

Ok.  I don’t mind paying $90 for this game as I love A&A (though I hate the turn based garbage DDay and Bulge games) and I don’t mind that they cheaped out with cardboard pieces for AA guns and factories, but for the love of god could they PLEASE GIVE ME MORE UNITS?  Did plastic get too expensive that they couldn’t give us DOUBLE the pieces?  Hope they fix this in Europe, chips are great for stacking, but how about WOTC fills up the pretty boxes for each country with, i don’t know, UNITS?

Rules question for anyone still with me.  Mech infantry can only blitz with a tank, but they can noncombat 2 spaces correct?  And you can noncombat into a space you just took this turn during combat, correct?  So that Jap Mech Inf in Manchuria could move 2 spaces on turn 1 during non combat into Chahar?

Thanks!

• I got it too, the game looks great.  The board is huge, and all the other pieces I can fashion together from my other games.  Pretty great christmas present.  My dad also got me some mineature guys so I can play it with.  They are soo cool.
    Seriously, am I the only guy who doesnt have many complaints at all!

• I hear you, it is a fantastic game and you won’t hear me whining about the game or it’s

components. Lots of fun!!

• glad you guys love it, still wondering about rules question, and seriously you wouldn’t want more of the playable pieces?  If you are going to give me 6 Japanese Carriers, how about some more Tac Bombers and Mech inf?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, MaherC!

@MaherC:

Mech infantry can only blitz with a tank, but they can noncombat 2 spaces correct?

Yes.  They can also make a 2-space combat move, as long as the first space is friendly.  Remember, “blitzing” involves moving through an unoccupied hostile territory and into another territory.  If the first territory is friendly, it’s not a blitz, but simply a 2-space move.

@MaherC:

And you can noncombat into a space you just took this turn during combat, correct?

Yes.

@MaherC:

So that Jap Mech Inf in Manchuria could move 2 spaces on turn 1 during non combat into Chahar?

Yes.  As I mentioned above, it could make this same move in combat movement, as Japan also controls Jehol.

• Official Q&A

Rorschach and Shakespeare, I’m glad you guys are enjoying the game!

• thanks, sorry for the newb question, mech inf is new to me as we’ve just been playing the SP42 AA lately.

I like the game, but I think they needed to give us double the pieces, fix typos, plastic AA guns, etc…all things that people have complained about before i’m sure.  I don’t mind all the cardboard, just the AA guns honestly, the game should be made easier to play on new players or those of us tired at 1am and I had to strip AA guns from other A&A games to make up for this.  Again, plastic is cheap, fill those pretty big typo’d boxes please…it’s like getting a huge box for Xmas and inside of it is a Gift Card for $10 in iTunes.  Nice, but come on!

• Seriously, just use pieces from other axis and allies games.  My dad got me some cool mini pieces that I am gonna use for the infantry and some of the planes.  Sucks the tank minis are really expensive, even though they look really cool.

• what if this is the first game someone buys?  They have 4 US battleships and Japan gets 8 in their box?  Come on.  Anzac has 2 flattops and US gets 4? really?  put some more damn plastic in is all I was saying.  for $90 you should get more pieces than you will ever need (Like how china has 4x the infantry than they will ever need)

• @MaherC:

what if this is the first game someone buys?   They have 4 US battleships and Japan gets 8 in their box?  Come on.   Anzac has 2 flattops and US gets 4? really?  put some more damn plastic in is all I was saying.  for $90 you should get more pieces than you will ever need (Like how china has 4x the infantry than they will ever need)

Yeah you got my vote.
    Presuming everybody has previous editions to fall back on is pretty dumb.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m