• '10

I’ve played a few games now and it appears that blitzing is not an option against a player who does not leave big gaps in their lines. If the defense is staggered in alternate hexes attacks on the armor which result in rereat become elims for zoc considerations. I was wondering if the more seasoned players have experienced this?

• I blitz sparingly and typically only to make a small hole bigger or to get into Neufchauteau bypassing Bastogne and early on around St. Vith and maybe into Malmedy or Eupen if oppurtunity presents.

You are correct that you have to be mindful of the enemy ZOCs or else you can get your troops in a bad position but you are also often creating that situation for the enemy with the blitz.

The other consideration is being able to supply the troops that have made the blitz. If they are going to sit idle next turn because they will be out of supply the blitz move isn’t usually worth it… or is it?  You might put your armor out on a limb-- :cry: but if most of the Allied trucks need to go thru that hex to reinforce the line.-- :evil:

Blitzing is one of the ‘fourth and short’ decisions that make BOTB my favorite. Or as Admiral Adama might say, “Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.”

• '10

Again. thanks for the advice and insight. I was wondering how to only quote part of a post. On an earlier post of mine you responded to each question in between the quote

• @Battlingmaxo:

Again. thanks for the advice and insight.

I guess you mean

I was wondering how to only quote part of a post. On an earlier post of mine you responded to each question in between the quote

like that? You just need to know some really easy HTML.

When you quote a post, in your reply you will note quote in brackets with a pointer to who you are quoting, the text of the post and at the end you will note a slash and quote in brackets again.

You don’t have to actually

quote someone to use the boxes

you only need to use the html operators. If you put some text in bold or italics and stuff and look closely when you hit quote to reply to a post you should be able to catch on to the syntax  easily enough.

• '10

I blitz sparingly and typically only to make a small hole bigger or to get into Neufchauteau bypassing Bastogne and early on around St. Vith and maybe into Malmedy or Eupen if oppurtunity presents

lets see

You are correct that you have to be mindful of the enemy ZOCs or else you can get your troops in a bad position but you are also often creating that situation for the enemy with the blitz

by god… i think ive got it

• It seems you do.  :-)

• Official Q&A

There you go being helpful again, Frimmel!  :wink:

• With Germany, I almost always try to blitz with one or two tanks. If you can open up a hole (clear just one hex) in the allied line, you usually can blitz one tank to put it next to the allied truck supplying that part of the front, thereby trapping it. The tank of course gets destroyed the next turn, but the ratio german tanks:allied trucks = worth it. granted, I’ve only played a handful of games as so has my opponent, but so far it’s worked out nicely.

• You understand that all trucks not in an enemy zone of control are sent to the offboard area before any blitzing right? (page 11)

A truck has to be trapped (in an enemy ZOC) before any movement or blitz movement happens.

• Oh right  :-o… Seems my memory of my own ingenuity betrays me… Yeah, I know the rule, and we’ve played by it. It’s been more than just a tank or two, or I’ve been lucky (or opponent unlucky) with the dice when I’ve managed to stay behind enemy lines trapping tanks.

• Usually I blitz when I can get a hex cut off from resupply and that hex is only attackable by reinforcements. Often though those blitzed tanks don’t make it. You have to pick the correct order of battle during the next turn’s combats and winning the initiative becomes really big.

• I just realized, writing this (at work), thinking about the few games I’ve played this far, what a fantastically fun game this is. I’m so looking forward to my next game as the allies. It’s going to be the first time I play the allies having a more full understanding of the gameplay.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m