• @Cmdr:

Speaking of risk, why not put that, Chess, Checkers, etc in there too?  That would lend credibility to the idea that it’s a gaming platform, not Axis and Allies clone designed to steal money from Hasbro/WoTC/Larry.

Actually, there are tic-tac-toe, a chess variant (King’s Cross), and a tile slider game bundled with the engine.

Cheers,
    Kev

• Does anyone know if there is a Axis and Allies Spring 1942 add on to Triple A?

• @cannon:

Does anyone know if there is a Axis and Allies Spring 1942 add on to Triple A?

Not yet, but there is someone who is working with an AA42 scenario.

Until the DMCA issue is solved, it will be like a custom mod, but it will be fully playable, and probably just like the official AA42.

• Thank you Subotai, please let us know when it’s available.

• @Subotai:

Again, measured against other alternatives, the only live game competitor being GTO, is very far from the level of TripleA. TripleA has many more options than GTO, the only thing that is better at GTO is the graphics.

And TripleA has not been shutdown, I’ve had more than 1000 downloads (stable+unstable versions) since the DMCA letter arrived at sourceforge.

sorry, I have to provide one small correction to your statement above. there is ONE other live game competitior; it is www.battleforces.com. It provides some functionality and gameplay which is similar to Axis and Allies, and is also totally browser-based. hope that you’ll try it.

• You may want to check the TripleA website. There is a new unstable available for download, version 1.1. You’ll have to download maps to it by copying URL’s that you can find on the site into a text box to add the games. The maps are crisper and the AA50 maps show the leaders of each country next to their capitals.

• Now AA42 is available on TripleA unstable, the map is the Revised map, but it doesn’t matter. There are a few bugs both in the map and in the game engine itself, but the bugs are few and it is fully playable, just use the edit mode to get around the few bug issues.

• @st55:

@Subotai:

Again, measured against other alternatives, the only live game competitor being GTO, is very far from the level of TripleA. TripleA has many more options than GTO, the only thing that is better at GTO is the graphics.

And TripleA has not been shutdown, I’ve had more than 1000 downloads (stable+unstable versions) since the DMCA letter arrived at sourceforge.

sorry, I have to provide one small correction to your statement above. there is ONE other live game competitior; it is www.battleforces.com. It provides some functionality and gameplay which is similar to Axis and Allies, and is also totally browser-based. hope that you’ll try it.

For all I know, battleforces could be even (subjectively) better than A&A but as long is it not A&A, then it is another game, even if the game mechanics are the same. And TripleA have many mods and maps which uses the same game mechanics as TripleA. Personally, I play only the A&A games, AA50 and AA42.

• Any news on status of TripleA?

• @Brain:

Any news on status of TripleA?

Check the TripleA developers page…. :-)

• I checked but didn’t see anything about their legal battle.

• There has not been any legal battle, and TripleA never really got shut down, b/c I made stable version 1.0.0.3 available elsewhere, and now there’s a legal unstable version 1.1 available.

• What is the difference between the stable and unstable versions?

Stable You can play online through the AAA lobby. Unstable you have to play locally or through Hamachi

BTW, if you sift through their Forums, You will find a few links on where you can DL AAA.

It is still available, and offers AA50

• I have the stable version but not the unstable version.

yeah AA50 is only available on the unstable version

• Does unstable mean that the game has flaws?

• Unstable means that this version has bugs, among other things.

• What are the other things?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m