• Well both schools shouldnt be too expensive since I will receive federal aid, and in penn state Ill get more PA state aid for being a resident.  Ill take out a few loans and college should end up being a few thousand a year.

• I agree, my science teacher just game be back a test I got a D on.

Why can’t he just realize i am a genius, give me an A on everything and then I could go do something important

like play Axis and Allies

• Bean… stay in school as long as you can.

The real world is MUCH worse than the life of a student.

That’s the effing problem I think. I don’t want to stay in school, but I’m absolutely certain it won’t be any better once I graduate.

I think I really now appreciate Rudolfo Anaya’s saying: life sucks, and then you die.  :roll:

• I was one of the few people who was VERY happy at Graduation from HS… glad to be away from those folks.

College was lots of sex, but also lots of expense.

Since then, the real world is harder, but the rewards are far better also.

• '19 Moderator

HS was good times for me, lots of parties and hanging out with friends.  College was harder (mostly because I skated in HS) but the Parties were better.  After college was harder yet, but the fun was better too, more travel more parties in Mexico etc.  Married life was harder yet, someone else to consider in decisions, but again the rewards get better.  And kids well the trend continues, the parties aren’t what they used to be but their are more fun things, I just took my 2 oldest kids to shoot their first rifles this past weekend great times.

Great power may come with great responsibility, but great responsibility comes with great rewards.

Sweet Dzrt, what did they learn to shoot?

GG

• '19 Moderator

I got them both single shot .22 rifles for Christmas.  Last weekend was the first time I was able to get them out to break em in.

This is an image of my daughters rifle (my son’s is black):

pink2201.jpg

FLOWER POWER! ROFLOL! Brilliant, I love it… you should buy one and take it on tour.

“You just got pwned by my daughter’s rifle…”

GG

• '19 Moderator

lol, it’s pretty acurate too, I held a group the size of a dime when I sighted it in, of course they were just learning so it was only 50 feet, but I thought it was still good for a kids gun.  My son by the way, after an hour of shooting, was keeping about a two to three inch group.

Nice, you trained him well… I didn’t fare so well with a .22… I did better with a Revolver…

GG

• .22 revolvers are a blast. ~ZP

• '19 Moderator

We’re off topic, I’ll start a topic on shooting tomorrow.

• 2007 AAR League

HA!  in america school sucking and guns have become synonymous.  wait, thats sad.  :cry:

• not sure I want to go out in the real world just yet

• '19 Moderator

Good instincts, avoid the real world as long as possible

• What?!? There’s a real world? When did that start? ~ZP

• I am doing very well in fantasy land thank you very much.

I only dip my toe into the pool of the real world Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. …

• 2007 AAR League

what about making the real world a fantasy land.  that sounds nice, see ya in the asylum.

• @balungaloaf:

what about making the real world a fantasy land.  that sounds nice, see ya in the asylum.

It’s just a program/simulation, dontcha know MATRIX boy?

• To the original topic - consider your goals, and then develop the plan to address those goals.  NOT setting a goal is simply setting a bad goal.  Saying “be wealthy” or “be happy” as a goal - IS a goal. 
    It is very difficult to attain these last two goals without an appropriate education. 
    My advice - use the time to learn that you have as effectively as possible.  Be focused, and pack as much in in the little time you have to learn that you can. 
    I worked in a factory to pay my way through university.  I do not regret a single second of the time i spent studying - if anything, i regret the time that i spent goofing off, moping about losing my flavor-of-the-week, because although i am working my ass off now, i am building an amazing house, i’ve got a great car, i’ve got the most amazing wife, and i’m taking 4 people that i love to Orlando soon.  I can take a day off whenever i need/want, and yet i expect to retire in my early-50’s as a multi-millionaire.  This is all despite living in a sociallist country.  Boo-ya.
    Now if pumping gas is your idea of a great time, then drop out of school RIGHT NOW!!  Who knows - you could even aspire to be a waiter or a retail worker!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m