• i read a lot about bids/bidding… but i find nothing where this is explained:<

can anyone explain these variant pls?

• The one I know best is the triplea warclub bid placement rules, which states 1 unit pr. TT.
    All ipc spent before game starts. Ipc which is not spend can be used afterwards.
    This variant is also used with bids down for axis, a player who wants to play axis may bid 10,
    the other player bids 9, and down to zero, sometimes.
    With 1 unit pr. TT the sides should be about equal strength with 8-9 bid for axis.

There are other variants, which I’m not familiar with.

• You can start here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=9722.0

post any questions you may still have either there or here

• thx guys! this helped a lot

but one more question came up during yesterdays game:

i played germany… on g1 i got lucky and got rocket tech…
    can i now make 2 strategic bombardements at london?

first woth the rockets - max loss 8
    and then with bombers - max loss 8

so can germany cause britain to lose max 16 per turn?
    or can’t i attack any IC which i attacked with my rockets?

we played oob… so we weren’t sure if it is restricted so we decided to allow it… but this kept bnritain definitly down and took them out of the game… so it was an easy to win as axis

greetz

• Under LHTR, the maximum damage by all causes is limited to the value of the territory being bomed per national turn.

So Germany can do at most $8 to London on their turn (Though Japan could also SBR London for $8 more)

• 2007 AAR League

Switch,

Can you give a page # of that rule?  I thought SBR & Rocket damage was separate (so 16 would be the max).

Thx.

• LHTR 1.3

Page 11 of 21

In the Phase 4 section, 2 paragraphs before Phase 5:  Noncombat Move

Paragraph begins with “During the opening fire step, an enemy antiaircraft gun fires on each attacking bomber…”

Relevant portion:
    " The maximum combined damage inflicted in on turn by all strategic bombing raids on one industrial complex and any rocket attacks on the same industrial complex is the territories income value"

• He asked OOb rules. IN OOb rules you can strat bomb and rocket the same IC at pleasure

• OOB questions regarding SBR are not viable questions (unless you include the online errata)

The printed OOB guarantees that every successful SBR would do $10 to Germany, even with only 1 BOM (it is written that SBR damage is the roll on the dice or the IPC value of the territory, whichever is GREATER.

So by OOB, with 1 BOM, unless the AA hits, Germany loses $10, another $6 if a BOM hits Southern also.

• :-D
    Check out the “where to place bid builds” thread for some good ideas on what to do with your ill gotten gains!  :-o
    Bids are only used to help balance the game once players get pretty good and the Axis start to lose more often then not.
    the bid buys also help to give the start of the game a new look, and helps the Axis try new strategies to win.
    Good luck, and have fun.
      Crazy Ivan  :roll:

• @ncscswitch:

OOB questions regarding SBR are not viable questions (unless you include the online errata)

The printed OOB guarantees that every successful SBR would do $10 to Germany, even with only 1 BOM (it is written that SBR damage is the roll on the dice or the IPC value of the territory, whichever is GREATER.

So by OOB, with 1 BOM, unless the AA hits, Germany loses $10, another $6 if a BOM hits Southern also.

How is something not a viable question?

I mean, yeah, I know about that typo, and I know about the FAQ fix - but it’s a viable question no matter how you slice it.

• Oob says that you roll a die, and that each bomber cannot do more ipc damage than production of territory. Maybe the explanation is confusing, but I would not say you must lose the max ipcs. I never played losing max ipcs in 2 years of face to face, and my mother language is spanish, so I suppose OOb are ok in that point. Anyway, a bit of logic says that even as confusing the sentence is, if you roll a die, that die must be used for determinig  the loss of ipc.

Oob rules, however, are wrong in rocket attacks, because they have a picture showing the Russia AA gun attacking Germany’s IC. This made me confusing until I read the FAQ, saying the picture was wrong. If I remember right, this is the only “big” mistake of rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m