• @Sproit:

@balungaloaf:

we play china as its own entity, its in enhanced.  the american units stay there and you use american pieces, but china goes after america.  you roll a die and if its a 2, 3, 4, you put that many inf down on a spot.  they defend on two’s, put you need 5 inf stacked to make 1 die roll on attack.  that way they really cant attack out, but its very hard to take over the chinks.  but in enhanced japan gets to use heavy inf on bonzaii attacks.

Go make your own game,

This sounds nuts, and places the US in an even worse starting position than before.

this is mot revised just to tel you

• @Cmdr:

In my experience AARe games are usually won/lost by round 5.  Dunno why you are holding out until Round 12.  If the axis are doing their job well, then they’ll have the VC needed by Round 5.

AND YOUR EXPERIENCE IS AGAIN…7 GAMES?

please, let other players at least have the thought of trying Enhanced before you tell them it is broken being so in favor of the axis.  It is my humble opinion that you do not have enough  Enhanced games to be spewing absolutes about the playout of this rule set.

As I already said, I will play the allies and show you just what they can do in an enhanced game.  I’ll even give the axis a $4 bid.

• Fight nice folks.

A challenge is fine, insults are unneeded.

• @ncscswitch:

Fight nice folks.

where was there an insult?

• @axis_roll:

@ncscswitch:

Fight nice folks.

@Sproit:

@balungaloaf:

we play china as its own entity, its in enhanced.  the american units stay there and you use american pieces, but china goes after america.  you roll a die and if its a 2, 3, 4, you put that many inf down on a spot.  they defend on two’s, put you need 5 inf stacked to make 1 die roll on attack.  that way they really cant attack out, but its very hard to take over the chinks.  but in enhanced japan gets to use heavy inf on bonzaii attacks.

Go make your own game,

This sounds nuts, and places the US in an even worse starting position than before.

I am insulted on behalf of squirrels everywhere

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@axis_roll:

@Cmdr:

In my experience AARe games are usually won/lost by round 5.  Dunno why you are holding out until Round 12.  If the axis are doing their job well, then they’ll have the VC needed by Round 5.

please, let other players at least have the thought of trying Enhanced before you tell them it is broken being so in favor of the axis.  It is my humble opinion that you do not have enough  Enhanced games to be spewing absolutes about the playout of this rule set.

As I already said, I will play the allies and show you just what they can do in an enhanced game.  I’ll even give the axis a $4 bid.

Strawman.  I don’t have to eat Rubarb Pie more then 7 times to realize I don’t like it.  Actually, I only need to eat it once or twice (since I give food at least two chances to win me over) to determine that.

Same here.  AARe is so hopelessly biased in favor of the axis it would take someone inept to play them or someone truly exceptional to get the allies to win.

You can go to a few different sites and just look at the axis vs allies win/loss record for more evidence, it’s not just my games. (Though it’s hillarious that Germany can afford to buy battleships because the allies can’t do anything to stop them.  Or Japan can focus on bombers for the same reason.)

• @newpaintbrush:

@axis_roll:

@ncscswitch:

Fight nice folks.

@Sproit:

@balungaloaf:

Go make your own game,

I am insulted on behalf of squirrels everywhere

I want to apologize for my insulting and unappropriated behavior.

I stick to my point that every ship not being Axis in the pacific is a real threat.

• @Cmdr:

@axis_roll:

Strawman.  I don’t have to eat Rubarb Pie more then 7 times to realize I don’t like it.  Actually, I only need to eat it once or twice (since I give food at least two chances to win me over) to determine that.

Same here.  AARe is so hopelessly biased in favor of the axis it would take someone inept to play them or someone truly exceptional to get the allies to win.

You can go to a few different sites and just look at the axis vs allies win/loss record for more evidence, it’s not just my games. (Though it’s hillarious that Germany can afford to buy battleships because the allies can’t do anything to stop them.  Or Japan can focus on bombers for the same reason.)

Everything is always black and white with the Jenn glasses on, and I am sorry but you are SOOO wrong with this statement.

Playing Enhanced could never be compared to eating a pie, there are too many possible combinations in the game.

There are 5 National Advantages for each country.

Germany and Japan can pick 2 from the list.  So just the combinations of Axis National advantages is 10 possible for Germany times 10 possible for Japan.  That’s 100 combinations of strategies, JUST for the Axis.  Don’t forget Tech is much more of an intergral part of Enhanced (with the 4-2 rule) to add even more strategic options to the mix.  Game playout varies almost EVERY game I have played, even using the same NA’s for each side over and over.

If there is ANY version of the game that is one sided, it is the classic version.  Right from the beginning of Milton Bradleys versions, the allies have always been favored to win.  First edition was a joke, Second edition still was a laugh when you consider the axis chances (besides tech, that is), 3rd edition (CD-Rom) was a little better and Revised STILL favors the Allies (note the Axis requiring $6-9 to ‘even’ things up).

I have already challenged you to an Enhanced game with AN AXIS BID of $4.  This is a typical bid in my face-to-face enhanced group.

So either take the challenge to prove your black and white glasses do indeed allow 20-20 vision or stop spewing misinformation about the A&ARe (Enhanced) Rules.

Respectfully,
    axis_roll

• Guys,

I just think we are loosing the point of this topic,

Axis_Roll, You don’t need to use capitol letters to make your point clear,
    You don’t need to say someone has black and white glasses, this doesn’t make sense, everyone has it’s own view, so everyone wears glasses, satisfied?

So please just keep smiling, there are more important things in the world than this forum, or even this game. ;)

• @Sproit:

You don’t need to say someone has black and white glasses, this doesn’t make sense, everyone has it’s own view, so everyone wears glasses, satisfied?

“Black and white glasses” means that there is no middle ground, no gray area.

It’s either on or off, up or down….

She is very adamant (almost to a fault) in her opinions that she rarely (if ever) sways in her opinion, even when more than one person shows her opinion to be less than factual (read the German nick pick economizer thread.)

And, you know what, I am ok with that if you have shown you have a basis for your opinions, like you are a good player or have a good understanding of a subject matter in which you profess ‘expert knowledge’.

However, I just do not think that seven games of A&ARe qualifies any player as a source of absolute knowledge such as “The allies have no chance in Enhanced”

And I use capital letters as another form of emphasis besides bold or italics

• @Sproit:

Guys,

So please just keep smiling, there are more important things in the world than this forum, or even this game. ;)

Right.
    But one of the possibilities to have more action in Pacific is to use Enhanced rules!

Those rules are intended to have more naval action and battles that involves almost each part of the board. So it is normal that Germany would buy BB and Japan would buy BMB.
    It is not a measure of quality for an A&A ruleset if only Allied (really only USA) may buy BB or BMB. So it is not a deficiency it is an advantage!

IMHO Enhanced do not allow to win by simply leveraging production edge and economizing on units. Allied have to fight hard for their lives each turn before it may overcome the Axis. Axis have to move good and quickly to not allow Allies to come back.
    In revised, that I still like very much, this “crisis” is not present. In fact to even the game it is required a bid. Allies already have the edge. In Enhanced Allies have to gain this edge on the Axis.

• @axis_roll:

@Sproit:

“Black and white glasses” means that there is no middle ground, no gray area.

It’s either on or off, up or down….

She is very adamant (almost to a fault) in her opinions that she rarely (if ever) sways in her opinion, even when more than one person shows her opinion to be less than factual (read the German nick pick economizer thread.)

And, you know what, I am ok with that if you have shown you have a basis for your opinions, like you are a good player or have a good understanding of a subject matter in which you profess ‘expert knowledge’.

However, I just do not think that seven games of A&ARe qualifies any player as a source of absolute knowledge such as “The allies have no chance in Enhanced”

And I use capital letters as another form of emphasis besides bold or italics

You don’t have to explain your sentence, I know what it means, I was just fooling around with the saying. ;)

Everyone has it’s own view on things, some might swear with defense, others go always for the attack no matter what,
    So? They do what they like, and if you don’t like it, don’t do it,
    I don’t believe Jenn ever forces you to play just like she, would be pretty odd eh? ;)

I think the game works well enough, and not every Seazone or land area should be in war always,
    The WO2 was fought just on a couple of places, they didn’t fight on every edge of the world. ;)

• @Sproit:

Guys,

Lol, Axis_Roll was dead on.

I think you’re wearing rose-colored glasses, Sproit.

My smile is bottled aggression . . .  :wink:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m