• i can see the advantage of 1 and then again 1 latter (R2 or R3) to get more infantry for fodder, but i realy havn’t had much trouble with getting enough boots on the ground most times with Russia. 1 fighter is worth 2 Armor for Russia IMO as Armor don’t tend to last long well fighters do tend to.
    i guess it’s all stratagy you use with Russia, i tend to play a vary aggresive Russia against Germany and a more conservative Russia against Japan.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Lately my attacks have been territory specific.  But this is my weird strat year.

3 IPC territory, I send at least 1 more infantry then they have units defending.
    2 IPC territory, I send 2 infantry if they have 1 or 2 defending, and 3 infantry +1 for each additional infantry over two. (3 infantry defending = 3 attacking.  4 Infantry defending = 3 infantry attacking.  5 Infantry defending = 4 infantry attacking.)
    1 IPC territory, I attack if I can get a tank or if they only have 1 infantry there and then it’s one infantry on attack. (Goal is to kill the defender, not necessarily to take the land.)

For that, I need some infantry for trades, but more fighters will trump massive infantry stacks and tanks make good deterants from advancing enemy stacks.

• @Cmdr:

Lately my attacks have been territory specific.  But this is my weird strat year.

3 IPC territory, I send at least 1 more infantry then they have units defending.
    2 IPC territory, I send 2 infantry if they have 1 or 2 defending, and 3 infantry +1 for each additional infantry over two. (3 infantry defending = 3 attacking.  4 Infantry defending = 3 infantry attacking.  5 Infantry defending = 4 infantry attacking.)
    1 IPC territory, I attack if I can get a tank or if they only have 1 infantry there and then it’s one infantry on attack. (Goal is to kill the defender, not necessarily to take the land.)

For that, I need some infantry for trades, but more fighters will trump massive infantry stacks and tanks make good deterants from advancing enemy stacks.

Wouldn’t strategic decisions of taking/killing units override the IPC value of a territory?
    In other words, $1 or $2 will NOT win/lose a game for you……

• @Bunnies:

@Nukchebi0:

Yes, only one, but not on the first turn.

Buy 7 inf, save 3. Attack the standard.

You’ll have 32 the next turn, for 6 inf, an art, and the fighter.

Resume the next turn with standard purchasing.

(Spock voice)

Illogical.  You can buy an eighth infantry that first turn, and move it into position on the second turn.  There is nothing to gain by saving 3 IPC.

(Kirk voice)

Or is there?  Dun dun dun.

(McCoy voice)

Dammit, Jim, since when do you say “dun dun dun”?

(Kirk voice)

Since I got this new crack pipe lolz!

Lol, I was tired when I typed that.

• I have never purchased a Russian fighter, A bomber once but no fighter.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@axis_roll:

@Cmdr:

Wouldn’t strategic decisions of taking/killing units override the IPC value of a territory?
    In other words, $1 or $2 will NOT win/lose a game for you……

Hence why I generally send 1 infantry and a fighter to a 1 IPC territory defended by 1 infantry.  Killing the enemy at least denies him position and 3 IPC.  But that’s assuming it’s worth it for ME.

• Where’s the smiley for something that goes right over someone’s head?

We need that one created

• Whatever the idea is.
    :|

• <(–-<  ----------------------------------------

:?

• take the “/” out of the first move, then it will work

edit: well then you got it before i posted  :-D

• @Crazy:

<(–-<  ----------------------------------------

:?

nice!

• @Crazy: