Latest Patch and Utilities for Hasbro Axis and Allies CD-Rom 1998

• '10

Go here to download the the 1998 Hasbro Axis and Allies CD-Rom Version 5.1

http://ewarzone.com/aa.html

Hasbro bugs fixed by the patch and other additions:

Unit lock…maximum units on the board increased from 300 to over 1000.
    Battleship bombardment bug…use as many battleships as you want in an amphibious assault without locking up the game.
    SecureDice…defeats any dice hack
    New chat commands
    DirectX9.0 fix
    Anti-Aircraft gun bugs fixed
    Odds grapher
    Editor…edit ipc’s and tech

After you have installed the patch go here to download the WARZONE client which will allow you to play other people face to face on the internet:

http://home.centurytel.net/khb/aa/WarZoneInstall.exe

If you wish to play rated games on the warzone please visit:

http://www.axisandalliesworldclub.net/

And the message board…also if you have any technical issues please visit:

http://axisandalliesworldclub.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

All these utilites and fixes were created by Plotinus and aqrit. Thanks to their hard work this game is very playable…not at all like when it first was released.  Too bad Hasbro couldn’t fix these bugs and we had to wait so many years.

Thanks,

kurt3892

CIC Axis and Allies World Club

• Founder TripleA Admin

Would you mind if I re-posted this on the main website. I get monthly questions about the 1998 computer game.

• Too bad my Iron Blitz CD for the game exploded inside one of my older computer’s CD-Rom drive.  That ended that game for me.

• '10

Update: All router and firewall issues have been defeated!

Plotinus has done what Kali, Gamespy or MS failed to do…he has created the first working custom DirectPlay Service Provider ever written. Warzone is now able to play games without opening any ports on routers. Just download the latest Warzone client…enter a room, click on Change, check the Bypass Routers and Firewalls option, and no more port issues from firewalls or routers.

So if you previously tried to play on the WARZONE and couldn’t launch because of firewall or router issues come back and give it another try…you will have no problems anymore.

KURT

• Thank you very much for the info and your time.

• Will it work on Iron Blitz? I tried and it did not install but asked if I wanted to force install it….

Thanks!

• '10

No Iron Blitz will not work on the Warzone…it is just too buggy a game to work correctly.

• Will this patch make the 1998 version work on the windows Vista platform?

LT

• '10

Yes

• That’s more work then I want to go through.

But thank you very much for the help.

LT

• Love the work guys are putting into to making old games (excellent old games) work.
    However, being in Australia I apparantly purchased the Euro (re UK) game. Odd as the only English option on the install is English (US).

I also run XP, so does the latest patch provided here work?

At the moment I tried installing the game and running either 1.0 or the 1.33 patch, but the program will not run at all……

• '10

The 4.2 Patch is not compatible with the European version of the game.  You can download a workable version using the link on top of this page.

• I have downloaded the patch and when I move the units it flickers a lot. How do I fix this?

• '10

After you download the latest patch go into your axis and allies directory.

My Computer-Local Disc C-Program Files-Hasbro Interactive-Axis and Allies-

Double click on the file Drawfix_config.exe

A menu will appear…check the drawfix box and hit apply.

• Wow, great to see a new patch for this classic CD!!!

I installed the patch and followed all of the directions, but after launching the game I get a jumbled screen that looks like this:

Anyone know what could be causing it?

Here’s my specs, if it helps any:

• Dell Dimension E520
    • Windows XP Pro
    • Intel Core 2 (4300 @ 1.80GHz)
    • 3 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT (512MB DDR2)

Thanks  :wink:

• Okay, I reinstalled the patch and decided to skip the Vista/Nvidia fix and the screen got a little better… unfortunately, it’s still pretty unplayable. Here’s what I’m seeing now:

I checked the driver version of my video card and it says it’s 182.50, should I try a rollback to an older version?

Any help would be much apperciated.  :-D

• '10

A new version of the patch will be coming out sometime in November 2010.  There are alot more video options available to make all new systems compatible with this old game.

• Thanks for the reply, kurt.

I tried the first and second patches, but got the same results and the discussions on the AAWC board wasn’t much help, either.  :cry:

I even registered over at the AAWC in hopes to grab the attention of Aqrit so we could hash it out there, but it won’t let me log into the messageboard section for some reason.

Oh well, at least you pointed me in the right direction, so thanks for the help.  :wink:

• Thanks kurt, I’m using the same name over there (carcass), so that should make it pretty easy for you.  :lol:

• Hmmm, well I did get the email to confirm (which I clicked & logged in) and my name appears in red at the top of the page every time I visit the site, so I have no clue what the problem is.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m