• 2007 AAR League

I know of the following mapping utilities:

• Abattlemap
    • Mapview (but that is the same as Abattlemap, is it not??)
    • TripleA (but that is much more than just a mapping utility)

Anyhow, are there any more map utilities around that someone could recommend? Or are these the only ones available?

• @Perry:

• Abattlemap

Anyhow, are there any more map utilities around that someone could recommend? Or are these the only ones available?

Would you need more than one of these three?

These are all excellent programs/utilities.

• 2007 AAR League

No, I do not need any more than those.
    I am just curious wheter there are any other utilities out there , that I haven’t heard about!

• Can you really use TripleA as a mapping utility?  I don’t know of any way to edit the board position (move/add/delete units), but if there is a way I’d LOVE to hear it since TripleA is far more visually attractive than ABattleMap.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Perry:

• Abattlemap

Yea, TripleA is a virus that prevents you from being productive at work. :P

And Mapview is far inferior to Abattlemap, dear.  Battlemap is much more flexible, but less graphically aesthetic then Mapview.  Of course, the out numbered Mapview supporters are going to lambast me for that comment, the fact is, most people use Battlemap because it’s familiar, because it doesnt take any time to load and because we’re all used to the extreme flexibility of moving units around and the wide angle of the board we can see.

Mapview does have some nice features though.  For one, it has a cash on hand chart.  You can also type in notes to your opponent.  I, personally, just find it really cumbersome to use compared to Battlemap.

• @Jennifer:

And Mapview is far inferior to Abattlemap, dear.  Battlemap is much more flexible, but less graphically aesthetic then Mapview.  Of course, the out numbered Mapview supporters are going to lambast me for that comment, the fact is, most people use Battlemap because it’s familiar, because it doesnt take any time to load and because we’re all used to the extreme flexibility of moving units around and the wide angle of the board we can see.

Mapview does have some nice features though.  For one, it has a cash on hand chart.  You can also type in notes to your opponent.  I, personally, just find it really cumbersome to use compared to Battlemap.

It’s a matter of personal preference.

Yes Mapview takes longer to start up (but nothing outrageous if you have a real PC), has bigger map files but is, IMHO, worth it.

I despise typing combat movements, and trying to figure out non-combats that an opponent has executed.  Mapview arrows and history tabs are what I like best about mapview.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Arrows are what I hate most!  They clutter the board needlessly.

I’d rather type.  I’m a fast typist though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m