• Founder TripleA Admin

The problem is that then the moderators do not get to have any fun. This is supposed to be fun and not a job. If I’m posting in a boardgame forum and and somebody starts acting like a jerk, should I wait until another mod gets online and deals with it or should I deal with it right now? The correct answer is right now.

One of the original criteria for moderators was frequency of posts. If you’re posting a lot anyway, it’s easier to find the crap and deal with it.

@Frood:

I think the suggestion above makes sense - mods should not moderate threads where they are active participants in the discussion.

• Right, I got PD because i was active there.  i.e. I was ALREADY READING IT and was participating and enjoying it.  So it was not a “task” to moderate it, it was just something else to keep track of while I was doing what i was already enjoying doing.  That was a year ago.

Now… I could say nothing again in a PD discussion EVER, and the first time I moderated someone I would be attacked for bias.  :roll:

I am not playing that game anymore.  I have better ways to spend my time than to deal with the same non-essential people over and over as they flaunt the rules.

The new PD forum, IF it is created, will not include me.

I am staying put HERE, whether as a mod, a participant, a gamer, or any combination thereof.

• 2007 AAR League

@djensen:

The problem is that then the moderators do not get to have any fun. This is supposed to be fun and not a job. If I’m posting in a boardgame forum and and somebody starts acting like a jerk, should I wait until another mod gets online and deals with it or should I deal with it right now? The correct answer is right now.

One of the original criteria for moderators was frequency of posts. If you’re posting a lot anyway, it’s easier to find the crap and deal with it.

@Frood:

I think the suggestion above makes sense - mods should not moderate threads where they are active participants in the discussion.

Good points, David. I retract my observation.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thank you everybody for your input. I’m going to re-open GD. Any political or debate discussion will be deleted with out notice before nor after. If you have your message deleted and you think it was unfair, then tough. Get over it and go play some board games instead. You can always repost your topic on another website.

We’re here to enjoy Axis & Allies and talk about random other stuff uplifting, interesting, random, or funny stuff too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m