• 2007 AAR League

Like you say about immigration “enforce the current laws” ahahahaha so ironic and funny!!!  :-D

• Founder TripleA Admin

Please drop it. The later WILL NOT happen. Furthermore, stop goading and badgering Switch. I really don’t want to read it anymore.

@Jennifer:

I’m not asking for UNMODERATED forums.  I’m asking for MULTIPLE MODERATORS to police the forums and ADMINISTRATORS to make final decision to lock threads.

• 2007 AAR League

Wow where have I been?

Way to go. The PD forum was one of the main reasons I have been pretty absent from this board for the last few months. I just have always found it more upsetting than enlightening. I don’t think I saw any discussions where anyone was open to the other side’s view or indeed where any progress was made. Instead there was just vitriolic hatred of the other side.

Of course, the way I would have dealt with it would have been to permanently ban certain individuals. Or at least set the threshold for temporary banning much, much lower. Ie. any ad hominem would result in immediate suspension. You say “damn liberals” and I say “suspended”.

Don’t get me wrong, I am open to debating with the other side, but it needs to be respectful. Eg:

Acceptable “In my view, the liberal perspective on this issue is a little naive.”
    Unacceptable: “Liberals are all brainwashed by the Daily show.”

There are a lot of people on this board whose viewpoints I find offensive at times, but there are only one or two who express their views in an offensive way. Without the influence of those one or two individuals I think the PD / GD forums would be civilized enough for me to come back to them.

I wasn’t in the general discussion forum as much, but shouldn’t there be a place to discuss things like septuplets being born or the price of tea in china? But I guess how would you prevent that from becoming the defacto PD forum.

The problem with it is that I worry how many people have been turned off / away by the PD forum? Ie. they come to check out some AAR strategies, browse around a bit - “holy cow this place is infested with neo-nazis! Ick! I’ll hang out somewhere else maybe…”

Anyhow, for the time being I will stick to pure A&A play / discussion / and maybe development.

• '19 Moderator

I’m ok with Jens suggestion.  from now on if I think a thread has gone wrong I’ll just delete it. :roll:

• As for moderation, all the current rules are just fine.

A moderator should not be empowered to delete posts or lock a thread in any discussion where they have been a participant in any manner other making moderator oriented comments. Regardless of impartial a moderator is in adjudicating an issue, the appearance of bias is there.

So we either need one moderator that won’t participate in the discussions, or two or more moderators who would steer clear of discussions already being engaged in by one of the other moderators.

Other than that, so long as moderators set their own political opinions aside and moderate only as based by the rules, then the rules are fine as is and simply need to be enforced.

Ryan S. Johnson
    Guild of Blades Publishing Group
    http://www.guildofblades.com
    http://www.1483online.com
    http://www.thermopylae-online.com

• Jeez, the mods have no sense of humor anymore.  A guy tries to post a lighter post (where else was I supposed to post it?) and it gets deleted.  Can we at least bring back the GD forum and delete any political threads that get posted in it?

• 2007 AAR League

I think the suggestion above makes sense - mods should not moderate threads where they are active participants in the discussion.

• 2007 AAR League

why doesnt everyone stay big boys and net let anyone bother them.  everyone needs to grow thick skin and quit crying, its a political thread.  if someone thinks your politics are rediculous, they just might tell you that.  laugh it off, it doesnt matter anyways.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The problem is that then the moderators do not get to have any fun. This is supposed to be fun and not a job. If I’m posting in a boardgame forum and and somebody starts acting like a jerk, should I wait until another mod gets online and deals with it or should I deal with it right now? The correct answer is right now.

One of the original criteria for moderators was frequency of posts. If you’re posting a lot anyway, it’s easier to find the crap and deal with it.

@Frood:

I think the suggestion above makes sense - mods should not moderate threads where they are active participants in the discussion.

• Right, I got PD because i was active there.  i.e. I was ALREADY READING IT and was participating and enjoying it.  So it was not a “task” to moderate it, it was just something else to keep track of while I was doing what i was already enjoying doing.  That was a year ago.

Now… I could say nothing again in a PD discussion EVER, and the first time I moderated someone I would be attacked for bias.  :roll:

I am not playing that game anymore.  I have better ways to spend my time than to deal with the same non-essential people over and over as they flaunt the rules.

The new PD forum, IF it is created, will not include me.

I am staying put HERE, whether as a mod, a participant, a gamer, or any combination thereof.

• 2007 AAR League

@djensen:

The problem is that then the moderators do not get to have any fun. This is supposed to be fun and not a job. If I’m posting in a boardgame forum and and somebody starts acting like a jerk, should I wait until another mod gets online and deals with it or should I deal with it right now? The correct answer is right now.

One of the original criteria for moderators was frequency of posts. If you’re posting a lot anyway, it’s easier to find the crap and deal with it.

@Frood:

Good points, David. I retract my observation.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thank you everybody for your input. I’m going to re-open GD. Any political or debate discussion will be deleted with out notice before nor after. If you have your message deleted and you think it was unfair, then tough. Get over it and go play some board games instead. You can always repost your topic on another website.

We’re here to enjoy Axis & Allies and talk about random other stuff uplifting, interesting, random, or funny stuff too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m