• I am a soldier currently deployed to Baghda, Iraq. My fellow soldiers in my platoon and my self love playing A&A. We have all 5 versions and they help make our downtime more enjoyable. Our problem is this, we live in very small trailer type 2 man living units that do not really have enough room to play A&A. What I am looking for are any kind of program that we could use to play on our laptop. I am sure there is an answer somewhere on this forum but my internet connection is so slow here that iy would take me a lifetime to searh through all of them. Thanks in advance for any help given.

• 2007 AAR League

Sounds like you want something like TripleA:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44492&package_id=37009&release_id=480264

It’s a free download.  If your connection is that slow I don’t know how long it will take you to get (it’s 25 MB with java included).

Good luck.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Good luck out there.

If you just want a mapping utility to stop from having to set up the board and cleanup everytime, you can use ABattlemap.exe as well.  It’s 100% free and works really well.  You’d still have to use dice or use one of the many dicey programs on the internet (I like frood.net, but there is also daak.de and flames of europe, and others.)

TripleA is nice, but it is not customizable.  If you have house rules you have to throw them out the window to use TripleA.  Also, you’re stuck with TripleA’s inprogram dice which you may, or may not like.  Honestly, nothing beats having the ivory in my hands, and even a two man trailer should have enough room to throw some dice. (I know when I was there we had plenty of room to play Dungeons and Dragons with hand thrown dice as well play craps - though I was not where you are exactly.)

That’s just my advice on it.

• Thanks to both Jennifer and Clayton for your replies,  Jennifer we have so many units coming in here because of the surge that they are stacking us ontop of one another. My last deployment here in 2004-05 we were in Mosul and had plenty of room oh well. Thanks Again.  I just wish someone would make up thier mind what is going on here!!! So I can go home and play A&A and drink a beer!

• Another good choice is gamesbyemail at:  http://gamesbyemail.com/
    It has classic A&A, along with other games.
    You can set up a game to play against each other, or other people.
    I typically play about 3-4 games simultaneously, so there is usually at least one of them awaiting a turn by me.
    Try it out.
    I think you will like it.
    No software required on your end.

• @Gambino19:

I am a soldier currently deployed to Baghda, Iraq. My fellow soldiers in my platoon and my self love playing A&A. We have all 5 versions and they help make our downtime more enjoyable. Our problem is this, we live in very small trailer type 2 man living units that do not really have enough room to play A&A. What I am looking for are any kind of program that we could use to play on our laptop. I am sure there is an answer somewhere on this forum but my internet connection is so slow here that iy would take me a lifetime to searh through all of them. Thanks in advance for any help given.

TripleA.

HAWT.  Srsly.

Choose from different versions!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m