• It was my first time playing the game. It was me (playing the axis) against my younger brother (playing both allies).

My Strategy:
    Pressed hard towards russias capital with germany. Made tons of money for capturing his capital but had an unpleasant suprise when all of his soldiers on the territories surrounding the capital flooded in and reclaimed it. rushed back in with as many panzers as I could muster next round and reclaimed it, getting yet more money and pretty much eliminating russia from play. I destroyed every british ship early on but my own german also bit the dust. took northern africa with infrantry so the us couldn’t land. With no ships, the UK just kept making bomb raids on the german capital which was kind of pointless because I was making millions of dollars. With japan I pressed hard towards the us, totally ignoring india and australia. I did killed a couple of american soldiers in china for good measure. Otherwise it was gung ho towards western united states with two carriers (each with two planes), two transports (each with two infantry), and one destroyer. Was lucky enough to roll the increased plane range development. Took west us and combined with the spoils of russia, had enough ipc’s to win the game.

Is there anything blatantly wrong with what I did (I know I won but maybe that would of been horrible against a better allied player)?

• At this stage, familiarize yourself with game mechanics and turn procedures. Get used to the units - what they can and can’t do. Most importantly, have some FUN playing. Try alot of different things with all the nations. If you want to check out some strategy ideas, check out this site and other links provided. I wouldn’t worry too much about that now. You have plenty of time for that. Again, try out things and have a good time learning the game…

• Also, if you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask us. We’ll all be happy to help. To quote you extended strategies now might confuse and frustrate you. It would drive us bats trying to get it right not to mislead you. Going through growing pains in this game is very much fun and rewarding.
    Overall strategy is for both sides to work together to be victorious over the other. This IS the key to the game and as far as I’ll go for now.
    To all - Remember those heated Pacific US/Japan naval battles? Those awesome German/Russia tank battles? Atlantic sub warfare? Those were the days, now it’s all about winning…

• are you talking Europe or original.

• On 2001-12-31 10:51, Field Marshal wrote:
    To all - Remember those heated Pacific US/Japan naval battles? Those awesome German/Russia tank battles? Atlantic sub warfare? Those were the days, now it’s all about winning…

Yah, yes…the good ol’ days! It did seem more fun when my group was rookies. Trying different strategies, taking huge risks, building a massive navy…etc…until we figured out the winning strategy…now its just a fierce competition. Grrrrr…

[ This Message was edited by: Major_Damage on 2002-01-02 14:59 ]

• Iv’e never really cared about winning_to me the joy of A&A is trying new strategies and having a lot of fun._

• I agree, new strategies are often good against experienced players because they get caught off guard.
    the best part is that they are fun though…

• I agree, new strategies are often good against experienced players because they get caught off guard.
    the best part is that they are fun though…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m