• Hello,

I just dug into my A&A Pacific set this weekend.  (I got it the same time I got A&A50.)  My question is why does the US have P-38’s and Hellcats?

Do they have diffrent stats?

Thanks,
    LT

• Official Q&A

They are there purely for aesthetic reasons.  Lots of people thought that the P-38s looked funny on carriers, so the Hellcats were included as an alternative for carrier-based fighters.  They are both exactly the same as far as gameplay is concerned.  Consider the Hellcats as a gift from Larry!

• I use the Hellcats for the carriers and the P-38 for China and land-based fighters.  Technically, you could make the Lightnings Long-Range Aircraft if you want to make some distinction between to two.  It was a special deployment of Lightnings to Henderson Field for their added range that shot down Yamamoto.

• That’s what I thought but I didn’t read that in so many words any where.

Thanks,
    LT

• I like the Hellcats for my carriers only,because in WW2 P38’s could not fly off carriers.I wish though that all the US Fighters were hellcats,that’s what I like about AA Guadalcanal.

• Well, the beauty of having both sets is you have enough Hellcats to play with only Hellcats.  I don’t mind using both planes, but I only use the navy planes on the carriers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m