• Hello everybody! This is a message from Brave Norway! :wink: I`m wondering how to win with the US in Axis and Allies Pasific? what er the best strategies for US on the first moves?

• Hello everybody! This is a message from Brave Norway! :wink: I`m wondering how to win with the US in Axis and Allies Pasific? what er the best strategies for US on the first moves?

• I have not really had this game for a long time, but I think the best strategy for the U.S. is to attack the Japanese navy mercilessly, especially with subs. I build several subs on the first turn, along with 2 destroyers and maybe a carrier too. After the first turn, U.S. can split its money between two or three fighting ships (sub, destroyer, BB, AC+ftrs.) and transports plus enough marines and artillery to fill the transports. The Navy clears out the Japs and the Marines take out whatever is left on the Islands. It only takes a few turns to seriously threaten Japan, who con’t come close to matching the Naval buildup of the U.S.

Also, the British player should really concentrate on land units from India. With enough inf., armor, and artillery, the worst that can happen is they are maybe pushed out of Malaya and keep fighting for the rest of SE asia. Australia should try to fortify the east Indies as much as possible, and maybe try to retake the phillipenes. If Britain can simply keep from losing in less than about 5-6 turns, the U.S. can hammer Japan.

• Oh, I forgot-
    The best maove I ever made was taking out the Jap Carrier fleet with a quartet of subs. If they don’t retreat immediately, that is the perfect target- 90 IPC’s worth of units can be sunk with a fraction of that cost in subs. Woohoo!

• bombers and subs, baby, bombers and subs!

• speaking of norway, olagutten, have you seen the norweigian move “the last lieutenant” i saw it recently, and it was pretty good. the only norweigian movie i’ve ever seen, but if all norweigian movies are that good i’m gonna start watchin more of em

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m