• Its been awhile since I’ve played this one.  In reading the rules thru a question came to mind referencing page 10 of the rule book “hitting units the enemy doesn’t have”.

The question is–using the battle box w/dice,  say for a sea battle, I have only a Sub & a transport in the sea zone, the enemy has a battle strength of 5 dice & scores  2 hits in position #1 & #3.

Ok, I dont have a destroyer  so does that die hit keep marching up the box until it hits the transport?

Then hit on position #3, I dont have a battleship, so it drops back to position #1 & starts marching up the line, my transports already been hit & gone, but my sub is in position #6 & he only had a battle strength of 5, so if there’s no sea units left to take hits W/I his battle strength of dice count, does that mean he can’t hit the Sub @ all, or does the #3 hit just keep walking up the line until it finds the next sea unit regardless of how many hit dice he had?

Can someone answer this if it makes sense???  I’ve looked thru the frequently asked questions & can’t find this one.

• Official Q&A

@rmcbride:

Ok, I dont have a destroyer  so does that die hit keep marching up the box until it hits the transport?

Yes.

@rmcbride:

Then hit on position #3, I dont have a battleship, so it drops back to position #1 & starts marching up the line, my transports already been hit & gone, but my sub is in position #6 & he only had a battle strength of 5, so if there’s no sea units left to take hits W/I his battle strength of dice count, does that mean he can’t hit the Sub @ all, or does the #3 hit just keep walking up the line until it finds the next sea unit regardless of how many hit dice he had?

You keep going until you hit something, regardless of your attack power.

• Thanx, was a little fuzzy in the rules on that one, but clear as a bell now :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m