• Just played my first game on Triple A against the AI and demolished it.  I see that I can make it a little harder by boosting the AI attack and defense bonuses but that doesn’t fix the very dumb places that the computer moves.  Does anybody even play the computer outside of the planning of first moves?

With that being said, it is pretty cool that I can play the game without anyone else around and teach my 5 year old a little bit.  A little different keeping track of everything when you are used to the board game and chips etc, but I am sure I will get used to it after a couple games.  Also really cool that it is free!!!

• '16 '15 '10

@elevenjerk:

Just played my first game on Triple A against the AI and demolished it.  I see that I can make it a little harder by boosting the AI attack and defense bonuses but that doesn’t fix the very dumb places that the computer moves.  Does anybody even play the computer outside of the planning of first moves?

With that being said, it is pretty cool that I can play the game without anyone else around and teach my 5 year old a little bit.  A little different keeping track of everything when you are used to the board game and chips etc, but I am sure I will get used to it after a couple games.  Also really cool that it is free!!!

I haven’t tried to play the AI–I remember hearing it’s not very good.

It’s probably more interesting and instructive to play against yourself.

Online play is where its at.

• Customizer

The AI is really just a novelty, and is also there to provide something for absolute beginners to try their hand against before they step into the ring against real humans.

I actually considered removing the AIs altogether, purely because if they were removed everyone would be forced to play online or against humans in some way, and wouldn’t think that the AIs were the purpose of the game.

The real purpose of TripleA is to allow you to play online (live, or by email, or by forum) against other humans.

• Actually, I find the AI to be good competition. For example, edit the 270 B.C. map or the Ultimate Pants map so your country is one alliance and all the other countries in the world are another alliance. In 270 B.C., winning as Rome or Carthage wasn’t too hard. The others were hard. And, I still have not been able to win as Egypt. In Ultimate Pants, try taking over the World as Australia. Lots of fun. It is a lot harder, though if you are a continental power, like Germany or Russia. You have a hard time defending your capitol. And the smaller countries, like Italy, are still impossible for me.

Lots of fun, though.

I have been in too man pbem games where others have quit in the middle.

Or, play as the nuetrals (the computer allows them to enter each other’s territories). Take over the world as the nuetrals in

1. Total World War, December, 1941
    2. Non-allied in Ultimate P Talibush 7 Alliances

In fact, some of the newer mods with multiple alliances have some weaker alliances:

1. Domination 1901, try the American-China-Germany-France

Another way to play against the computer is to play a small country where there are many countries on both sides. Pick the weaker alliance and see if you can turn the tide with your Iraqi’s or Thai’s. Play just the Dwarves in Middle Earth or just the Americans in The Great War. It can be difficult to save your side. When you play this way, you can have 2-3 games running simultaneously to minimize waiting. (I do save after each of my turns when I do this).

• The AI is really just a novelty, and is also there to provide something for absolute beginners to try their hand against before they step into the ring against real humans.

I actually considered removing the AIs altogether, purely because if they were removed everyone would be forced to play online or against humans in some way, and wouldn’t think that the AIs were the purpose of the game.

The real purpose of TripleA is to allow you to play online (live, or by email, or by forum) against other humans.

I wasn’t trying to offend with the post.  I wouldn’t even know where to begin when it comes to creating an AI.  I really respect the program and think you did an awesome job!! Is there a Triple A for dummies somewhere?  I looked over the software thread a bit.  I don’t want to host a game since I know nothing about it but I also don’t want to join a game with someone and make em mad cause I don’t know what I am doing.

• Customizer

There are a few ways to play with other people.  This forum caters to “Play by Forum” games.  Make a post in the “find players/games” section and say what game you want to play, and someone will respond and then you can both begin. 
    The other main way is playing live online, which involves joining the lobby and then joining someone’s game, which is fun too.  Just tell them you are a noob, or join a game with multiple people (a “multi”) that way there is less pressure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m