Would a One World Monetary System work better?

• Because of exchange rates we could technically say we already have a One World Monetary System. So who needs to eliminate all the choices we have?

I think it’s easier for the world economy to pull itself out of a recession with more than one monetary unit. Not fully tied together they give and take to help even things out.

No government wants their monetary unit to be of a higher value for long because then a lot of the countries products go begging.

Maybe a little too simple an explanation…

• Surely a universal currency would not only bring help. I think a handful of local (on continental scale) currencies would be good. I strongly am against the unrestricted freedom to move money around the globe and the speculating done with currencies though. Another way of creating money out of nothing, and the first being a great way for tax evasion.
    Bring on the Tobin-tax!!

• Bring on the Tobin-tax!!

What? :-?

I think one of the problems of a single currency is that it’s a big step towards one world government, and that’s not something I’d look forward to.

• If Currency goes electronic in the near future, you could have global exchange rates. Your $$ could instantly be converted to Yen or whatnot.

• yes, one world monetary system is a good thing. like GI said, it leads to one world government, a very good thing.

• Yanny, most of the worlds money is all electronic already. How else would currency traders make their profit if not by instant exchange on slight changes in the value (and gambling on the further development of the involved currencies)?

• he means (i think) that when people use cash or coin, instead of cash or coin, they would have some kind of card, or electronic device which carries the money, instead of the hard currency.

• F__,
    Tobin-tax. I’m gonna check it out.
    OK. It’s an excise tax on currency exchange or movement, right? The Tobin Tax initiative may be a good idea. Some European countries almost voted it in recently. If they do it will be interesting to watch their economies. It may flatten out the wilder ups and downs, but also encourage some money to go where it can do the ups and downs.

GI,
    Does this mean you’re Pro-Choice? :roll:

Jan,
    No duh!
    :oops: Sorry,
    couldn’t resist.

• I was stating it for Falk’s purposes, since he didnt seem to get it.

• GI,
    Does this mean you’re Pro-Choice?

What??? :-?

• look, lets just simplify the whole thing and use widgets

• @Janus1:

yes, one world monetary system is a good thing. like GI said, it leads to one world government, a very good thing.

What do you define as the benefits of one world government?

• well, this is my belief structure, which as we have seen, is very different from most others on these forums. at any rate, one world government leads to a centralization of power. something of debatable merit, but unquestionable efficiency. whether or not you think it is appropriate to have centralized authority, you cannot deny that it is more efficient. i can and will certainly go into more detail if you question me later, but its late now, and i dont have time to write out a long explanation.

• One unified government is the greatest step toward communism :D

• I can’t think of how many ways that a central gov’t would be a terrrible idea.

• What do you think the UN wants? It’s this exact thing…one world government. :(

• D:S, you believe in way too many conspiracy theories.

• you might think so TG, but if you saw it the way i do, you would not

• Really? Unless you are think more in terms of colonies and global imperialism.

• @Janus1:

at any rate, one world government leads to a centralization of power. something of debatable merit, but unquestionable efficiency. whether or not you think it is appropriate to have centralized authority, you cannot deny that it is more efficient.

Actually I can deny it. The world has never had one before, so I can’t say whether or not it would work. Just because it seems like a good idea, doesn’t mean anything.

What do you think the UN wants? It’s this exact thing…one world government.

D:S, you believe in way too many conspiracy theories.

I don’t really see the UN as a conspiracy, I want to hear how D:S explains that one. Besides, I have a lot better conspiracies than that one. :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m