Quick question on sea zone connectivity

• are seazones 109 and 119 west of the UK connected?

• Sponsor

@elque:

are seazones 109 and 119 west of the UK connected?

Yes, #109 & #119 are adjacent sea zones.

• Poorly made board for our board game.:(  Sure wish they would release a new copy of the board with corrected and clarified borders.

• @JimmyHat:

Poorly made board for our board game.:(  Sure wish they would release a new copy of the board with corrected and clarified borders.

I don’t see how that seazone is unclear of that that specific area is poorly made.  There’s obviously a horizontal border between 109 and 119 on the west side of eire AND Eire clearly does not border 108, which means 109 is obviously continuous along the west shore of Eire.  And while scotland is considered one space with northern ireland with the north channel covered by a control icon to create the connection, there are precedents already on the board where such a seaway in between doesn’t exclude either the two territories considered as connected and the two seazones considered as connected (central america, Turkey, etc).

• I was thinking more about the poorly drawn Western Hemisphere.

• Sponsor

@kcdzim:

@JimmyHat:

Poorly made board for our board game.:(  Sure wish they would release a new copy of the board with corrected and clarified borders.

I don’t see how that seazone is unclear of that that specific area is poorly made.  There’s obviously a horizontal border between 109 and 119 on the west side of eire AND Eire clearly does not border 108, which means 109 is obviously continuous along the west shore of Eire.  And while scotland is considered one space with northern ireland with the north channel covered by a control icon to create the connection, there are precedents already on the board where such a seaway in between doesn’t exclude either the two territories considered as connected and the two seazones considered as connected (central america, Turkey, etc).

You are correct about that one area of the board. However, there are flaws…… like,

1. The #106 border that doesn’t connect with the Amur border.
    2. The incredibly faded and nearly invincible convoy and kamikaze symbols
    3. Or how about the next reprint, they number the sea zones from left to right (yes, I know Pacific came out first, but it still needs to be fixed)
    4. And I guess I don’t need to mention, correcting the amount of Jap tac bombers and fixing the Pacific battle board.

How about the mistakes that have emerged with the arrival of Alpha modifications… like,

1. The mobilization chart that says AA Guns cost $6
    2. That big meaningless 50 printed on Western United States

And there is always great ideas to add that the designers didn’t think of… like,

1. Adding a tracking chart along the bottom edge of the board, (yes I know it won’t work for the
       theater games, but at least add it for the global players).
    2. How about a simple order of play visual using the roundel illustrations or at least a chart that
       tracks what round it is.

I hope Larry fixes most of these when he reprints the game compete with a new rule book.

• YG, we use a 12 sided dice to track what round it is.  After 12 rounds we add a 6 sided.  After that the game should be over!:)

• Sponsor

@JimmyHat:

YG, we use a 12 sided dice to track what round it is.  After 12 rounds we add a 6 sided.  After that the game should be over!:)

We do the same, but with all that space in the bottom corners of the board, why not have a little chart that tracks time and gives little reminder notes as to when things are due to happen in the game…. just a thought.

• @Young:

@JimmyHat:

YG, we use a 12 sided dice to track what round it is.  After 12 rounds we add a 6 sided.  After that the game should be over!:)

We do the same, but with all that space in the bottom corners of the board, why not have a little chart that tracks time and gives little reminder notes as to when things are due to happen in the game…. just a thought.

We have that in our group (mainly to check when USA and Russia would enter the war, so it only goes 4 turns)

By the way, for those who don’t have 12-sided dice (and not enough 6-sided ones): use a deck of cards ;)

• Sponsor

@special:

@Young:

@JimmyHat:

We have that in our group (mainly to check when USA and Russia would enter the war, so it only goes 4 turns)

By the way, for those who don’t have 12-sided dice (and not enough 6-sided ones): use a deck of cards ;)

I just had a brilliant idea, I have a pool table score counter somewhere in a box. You know, the one where you slide the plastic cubes across a steal rod from one end to the other? I’m so gonna put that up in my game room…… awesome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m