7 Questions i need help with because the rulebook sucks.

1. are you able to fight with units then load them in a transport during noncombat if the transport is in an adjacent sea-zone to the territory they are in? ( does loading/offloading count as movement for the units being loaded/offloaded? i know it doesn’t for the transport.)

2. I know a transport can load 2 different units from 2 different territories in the same SZ or while traveling through different SZ, but cant drop in to different territories in the same SZ. can it, while traveling drop 2 different units into 2 different territories in different SZs?

3. If a tank blitzes into 2 unoccupied enemy zones, it captures both. but if a tank that has not blitzed moves through 2 unoccupied enemy zones, it only captures the territory in which its movement ended on. correct?- so if a mech. inf. does the ladder and does not have a tank to blitz with it only captures the second zone it stopped in.

4. Islands that do not have air bases on them ( there’s some in the pacific i don’t remember their names ) can have planes land there? any amount of planes?

5. carries only allow 2 small air to land? if their is 3, 1 is lost. correct?

6. do carriers give a +1 to movement of air units taking of from it ( like an airbase? )

7. Subs are the only unit that cant hit air? - my friend was saying it doesn’t seem right that artillery and tanks can hit air. Im pretty sure subs are the only unit that cant hit air just for games sake, but realistically i cant see inf, tanks and artillery attacking fighters lol.

• 1 no (units that have fought (moved in combat) do not get to move in non-combat (except planes). But you can load ground units on a transport, move the TRP somewhere and land the units for a fight (to the death)

2 no

3 not sure i understand your question… tanks capture everything they blitz through. mechs cannot blitz solo through 2 enemy territories.

4 you can land as much as you want, just not scramble.

5 correct. You should have landing places for all your planes in combat move. But, if an AC gets damaged during combat and some planes can’t find a landing place anymore, they are lost.

6 no, but your loaded AC is in zone 6 the planes on it also start from zone 6

7 only subs can’t hit air, i guess

• what i mean in question 2 is:

i have a mech. inf. ( i chose them  in this example because they are not tanks and can move 2 ). i move him through an unoccupied enemy territory and stop in another unoccupied enemy territory. do i gain control of the first enemy territory i passed through?

this was never specified in the rule book. but they explain blitzing. if i do gain control of the first territory then why is the blitz even in the game ??

• I take control of midway and im playing as Japan. there was no combat because midway was unoccupied. this is still a declaration of war against USA? im very sure it is

• @Keodis:

I take control of midway and im playing as Japan. there was no combat because midway was unoccupied. this is still a declaration of war against USA? im very sure it is

logically, you are right. assaulting units, conquering territories and convoy blocking are declaration of wars.

• @Keodis:

what i mean in question 2 is:

i have a mech. inf. ( i chose them  in this example because they are not tanks and can move 2 ). i move him through an unoccupied enemy territory and stop in another unoccupied enemy territory. do i gain control of the first enemy territory i passed through?

this was never specified in the rule book. but they explain blitzing. if i do gain control of the first territory then why is the blitz even in the game ??

a lonely mech must stop (and take) the first territoy it encouters.

• so it cant move through an unoccupied enemy territory. perfect. that’s just like i thought it should have been. and now i know the purpose of blitzing.

thank you sir.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m