Don't ask the obvious -but where do attacking units end up at

• Hate to ask
    But lets say i attack  germany with all of my land units from two russian territories……and i end up winning…

Do all of my units end up in the newly “won” territory?    if so, that means my two originating territories are left undefended

Also, do i have to use all of my units when attacking, or can i be selective?  thanks

• Do you have a rulebook?

Because there’s no point in explaining the same thing to you as what’s in the rulebook if you already have a rulebook and don’t quite get what it’s going on about anyways.

Anyways, hopefully this will not be too confusing for you.

1.  Purchase units
    2.  Combat Movement
    3.  Combat
    4.  Noncombat Movement
    5.  Place Units

During Combat Movement, you moved in “all land units” from two Russian territories.  This means your Russian territories are now unoccupied.

You did not retreat during Combat. Your attackers survived, the defenders did not, as you specified by saying you ended up “winning”.

Since your land units have moved during the Combat Movement Phase, they cannot move during the Noncombat Movement phase.  Their movement is over.  They stay in the newly occupied, or as you put it, “won” territory.

Of course your “originating territories” are undefended.  You moved everyone out.  You could move any units you did not use in combat into either or both of those territories during noncombat.

Of course you don’t have to use all your units when attacking.  Why would you even think that?  It’s the voices isn’t it?  Yes, they talk to me too.  They tell me to do things.  Sometimes the voices make me sad, or even angry.  But it’s OK.

As you probably know, you can’t land air units in a newly occupied territory; such air units have to move during the Noncombat Movement phase to a territory that was controlled by you or your allies at the beginning of your turn (BEFORE Combat Movement), or must move to a sea zone that has an open spot on a carrier; this may include a carrier that you have newly placed.  (and only fighters can land on carriers of course)

• @saturnracer:

Hate to ask

Don’t be controlled by your hate.

Fear leads to hate.  Hate leads to anger.  Anger leads to Dark Side Ice Cream Munchies.  And that leads to high blood pressure and cholesterol, and the ability to use the Force Grip on your enemies.

Which seems pretty cool when you use it on your mean boss, until the Jedi cops show up.  And then it’s all celery sticks, man, and no veggie dip.

NOT FUN.

• @Bunnies:

@saturnracer:

Hate to ask

Don’t be controlled by your hate.

Fear leads to hate.  Hate leads to anger.  Anger leads to Dark Side Ice Cream Munchies.  And that leads to high blood pressure and cholesterol, and the ability to use the Force Grip on your enemies.

Which seems pretty cool when you use it on your mean boss, until the Jedi cops show up.  And then it’s all celery sticks, man, and no veggie dip.

NOT FUN.

Bunnies, have you been eating those weird mushrooms again?  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m