• True. I was mostly thinking as initial strong defence (you don’t want to lose such an IC), so the units put there should at least be either expensive or difficult/slow to get there.

I suppose India could lend a hand in any needed initial defence.

2 tanks and a tac sounds good too.

edit: flying in planes is of course even better, but it takes about 4 turns to get them in the Middle East, so this requires some planning to get them there by that time, of course…… but then again, bringing over a transporter around africa is also about 5 turns, so not that much difference…
    (just thinking out loud, people, sorry)

• @special:

They could offer a nice swanky tom stone next door to their own.

India falls J4 - first DOW.  America lands A4, builds an IC A5 (after Japan upgrades Indian IC and builds 3 tanks).  India won’t have any units to help with, unless they’ve abandoned their capitol.  In that case they can’t help much!

Now if Japan is going KAF or delaying South East Asia in favour of Russia and/or China, this could be a grand play.  But if Japan plays India crush forget it!

• @zooooma:

@special:

They could offer a nice swanky tom stone next door to their own.

India falls J4 - first DOW.  America lands A4, builds an IC A5 (after Japan upgrades Indian IC and builds 3 tanks).  India won’t have any units to help with, unless they’ve abandoned their capitol.  In that case they can’t help much!

Now if Japan is going KAF or delaying South East Asia in favour of Russia and/or China, this could be a grand play.  But if Japan plays India crush forget it!

India Crush? Did you play with monkeys? :-)

A veteran player can stop a naval J4 DOW, we made bloody battles and Japan advance in every global with slowness ( considering an average\normal luck…), through land it took more times and it’s difficult. It’s easier to take Australia 'cause the Commonwealth fleet defended Calcutta and East Indies (Borneo, Java, Celebes…).

The game changes pace when Japan take Singapore and place there a Major IC,though an aggressive US in the pacific it’s dangerous for Japan strategies ( put there only 100\110 IPCs with the initial american fleet 1 more BB, 1 CR, 2 AC 2 FTR 2 TAC = 106).

• @Stefano1189:

India Crush? Did you play with monkeys? :-)

A veteran player can stop a naval J4 DOW, we made bloody battles and Japan advance in every global with slowness

How do you manage that?

Just to be clear, nobody said anything about alpha.  We’re talking about the official game?

The monkeys in my games tend to favour a strong Mediterranean attack over a strong Indian defense, but I think J4 vs India works either way - just a question of how much Japan loses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m