1st game of global after six rounds. Plus three.

• '10

First game of global after six rounds. We averaged about one hour for each round. Two players and first global for each of us. I am having trouble posting more than one photo with each post. So will make three posts for three photos of setup after six rounds.            Edit: If I use my sons digital SLR camera I cannot post even one photo.
    IMAG0023.JPG

• Not bad, we averaged close to 2 hours per turn, but there were 7 of us.  :)
    Needless to say, we only made it the 6 full turns.

• Interesting…

No british land forces in South Africa?  I tend to buy at least 2 ground forces down there every turn.

Soviet Battleship survived?  If I’m Germany I wouldn’t let it past denmark- hence it is going to probably die.

German Carrier in the med?  Interesting.  How does Italy have its Battleship?  Did you buy one or did the UK not do the Taranto raid?

• What do you have covering the board? Is it glass or plastic or what?

• Interesting looking game.  It looks like the axis either attacked the US far too early or they werent playing aggresively enough early in the game.

• Not sure what they’re using, but we picked up a giant piece of lexan to cover our board.  Totally worth it, no guys tipping over on the folds of the board!

• '10

@BJCard:

Interesting…

No british land forces in South Africa?  I tend to buy at least 2 ground forces down there every turn.

Soviet Battleship survived?  If I’m Germany I wouldn’t let it past denmark- hence it is going to probably die.

German Carrier in the med?  Interesting.  How does Italy have its Battleship?  Did you buy one or did the UK not do the Taranto raid?

I purchased the German carrier with two fighters to help Italy defend the Med. No the U.K. did not do the Taranto raid. On G1 took out one battleship, one cruiser, two destroyers and two transports of U.K. Also captured France, Normandy and Yugoslavia. Walked into Finland and Bulgaria on non-combat move. Had 71 IPCs for the second round. I do not know how much more aggressive I can be. I did not lose any planes on G1 but only had 1 sub left.

• '10

@Rammstein:

What do you have covering the board? Is it glass or plastic or what?

I purchased a single piece of plexiglass at Lowes that is 3x6 ft. About $50.00. Holds the map in position and protects it. Also makes the map a little larger because it eliminates the canyons created at the folds. In other words you can stack units anywhere.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

First game of global after six rounds. We averaged about one hour for each round. Two players and first global for each of us. I am having trouble posting more than one photo with each post. So will make three posts for three photos of setup after six rounds.            Edit: If I use my sons digital SLR camera I cannot post even one photo.

@Fishmoto37:

@BJCard:

Interesting…

No british land forces in South Africa?  I tend to buy at least 2 ground forces down there every turn.

Soviet Battleship survived?  If I’m Germany I wouldn’t let it past denmark- hence it is going to probably die.

German Carrier in the med?  Interesting.  How does Italy have its Battleship?  Did you buy one or did the UK not do the Taranto raid?

I purchased the German carrier with two fighters to help Italy defend the Med. No the U.K. did not do the Taranto raid. On G1 took out one battleship, one cruiser, two destroyers and two transports of U.K. Also captured France, Normandy and Yugoslavia. Walked into Finland and Bulgaria on non-combat move. Had 71 IPCs for the second round. I do not know how much more aggressive I can be. I did not lose any planes on G1 but only had 1 sub left.

Allies surrendered after the 9th round as the Axis were out producing them in IPCs. Japan was the big dog with 70 IPCs. Germany and Italy combined had about 85 IPCs. Germany is a real challenge to play as they are really boxed in. Taking Africa seemed to be the key but Japan clearing the pacific of the U.S. fleet and starting to put pressure on the Soviets was a big help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m