Spring 1942: National Objectives

• I’m playtesting those, based on AA50’s NOs. Any comments appreciated.

Russia:

• 3 IPCs for control of Archangel, no Axis surface warships on SZ3 and no Allied units on Russian territories (originally controlled and conquered).

• 6 IPCs for Allied control of all the following territories: Norway, Balkans and Eastern Europe.

Germany:

• 3 IPCs for control of all: Germany, Western Europe and Eastern Europe.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of all: Karelia S.S.R., West Russia, Belorussia and Ukraine S.S.R.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of Caucasus.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 2: Western Europe, Anglo Egypt, Trans-Jordan and/or Gibraltar.

• 3 IPCs for no Allied combat ships on the Mediterranean (SZs 13-15) and control of at least 3: Southern Europe, Balkans, Algeria and/or Libya.

United Kingdom:

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of any 1 of these territories: Caroline Islands, French Indochina, Formosa, Japan or Okinawa.

• 3 IPCs for controlling all: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Anglo Egypt, Australia, New Zealand and Union of South Africa.

• 3 IPCs for Allies control of at least one: Western Europe or Balkans.

Japan:

• 3 IPCs for controlling all: Manchuria, Kwantung and French Indochina.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 4 territories: East Indies, Borneo, Philippine Islands, New Guinea and/or Solomon Islands.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 1 of these territories: India, Hawaii or Australia.

United States:

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of Western Europe.

• 3 IPCs for control of Phillippine Islands.

• 3 IPCs for control of Western, Central and Eastern United States.

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of at least 3: Midway, Wake Island, Hawaiian Islands and/or Solomon Islands.

• 3 IPCs for control of any of those territories: China, Sinkiang, Kwantung or Manchuria.

• What is a PU? I think you mean IPC. How often would these be collected?

• @skinny1:

What is a PU? I think you mean IPC. How often would these be collected?

It means IPC. They are collected during the income phase everytime a country achieves an objective. On AAP40 and AAE40 there are some objectives that are collected only 1 time but here that is not the case.

• @Hobbes:

@skinny1:

What is a PU? I think you mean IPC. How often would these be collected?

It means IPC. They are collected during the income phase everytime a country achieves an objective. On AAP40 and AAE40 there are some objectives that are collected only 1 time but here that is not the case.

I might have to give these a try. Thanks.

• @Hobbes:

I’m playtesting those, based on AA50’s NOs. Any comments appreciated.

Russia:

• 5 IPCs for control of Archangel and no allied units on Russian territories.

• 10 IPCs for allied control of all the following territories: Norway, Balkans and Eastern Europe.

Germany:

• 5 IPCs for control of all: Western Europe and Eastern Europe.

• 5 IPCs for control of all: Karelia S.S.R., West Russia, Belorussia and Ukraine S.S.R.

• 5 IPCs for Axis control of Caucasus.

• 5 IPCs for Axis control of at least 2: Anglo Egypt, Trans-Jordan or Gibraltar.

• 5 IPCs for no Allied combat ships on the Mediterranean (SZs 13-15) and control of at least 3: Southern Europe, Balkans, Algeria and Libya.

United Kingdom:

• 5 IPCs for Allied control of any 1 of these territories: Caroline Islands, French Indochina, Formosa, Japan and Okinawa.

• 5 IPCs for controlling all: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Anglo Egypt, Australia and Union of South Africa.

• 5 IPCs for Allies control of at least one: Western Europe or Balkans.

Japan:

• 5 IPCs for controlling all: Manchuria, Kwantung and French Indochina.

• 5 IPCs for Axis control of at least 4 territories: East Indies, Borneo, Philippine Islands, New Guinea and Solomon Islands.

• 5 IPCs for Axis control of at least 1 of these territories: India, Hawaii and Australia.

United States:

• 5 IPCs for Allied control of Western Europe.

• 5 IPCs for control of Phillippine Islands.

• 5 IPCs for control of Western, Central and Eastern United States.

• 5 IPCs for Allied control of at least 3: Midway, Wake Island, Hawaiian Islands and Solomon Islands.

I copied the NOs from here and pasted to them to Word and printed these off and i am going to use double sided tape to put these on index cards and finally going to laminate them. If I start a new game tonight I am going to use them. I found a link somewhere where someone took the NAs from AAR and created little cards for the NAs for each country. I don’t know where I found it but I used that and pasted these NOs into the little boxes so that I don’t have multiple 8.5 x 11" sheets of paper on the table.

• Had a test run today but it was atypical because G failed to conquer Egypt on G1 and had its Med fleet sunk on UK1.

The game ended with the US invading and conquering Japan due to an error in spotting US transports. I’m still not sure how balanced these NOs but it was a fast and nice one.

• These will make for a tougher game in trying to acquire and hold territories. Could make the game a lot more fun and difficult.

• @skinny1:

These will make for a tougher game in trying to acquire and hold territories. Could make the game a lot more fun and difficult.

Like AA50 they seem to also force the Allies into action on the Pacific.

• If Japan is left unchecked then they’ll be able to collect +15 IPCs from its NOs.

• If the US takes Solomon Islands then it will be +5 for the US. In addition if the UK got lucky attacking New Guinea on UK1 then the Allies have stopped one of the Japanese NOs.

• If the UK/US take FIC, Formosa, Okinawa or Carolines then it’s +5 for the UK

Plenty of incentive for some Pacific fighting. Of course, Germany will also have a free hand if that happens.

• These are great! I’m definitely adding them to my next game.

• @Hobbes:

@skinny1:

These will make for a tougher game in trying to acquire and hold territories. Could make the game a lot more fun and difficult.

Like AA50 they seem to also force the Allies into action on the Pacific.

• If Japan is left unchecked then they’ll be able to collect +15 IPCs from its NOs.

• If the US takes Solomon Islands then it will be +5 for the US. In addition if the UK got lucky attacking New Guinea on UK1 then the Allies have stopped one of the Japanese NOs.

• If the UK/US take FIC, Formosa, Okinawa or Carolines then it’s +5 for the UK

Plenty of incentive for some Pacific fighting. Of course, Germany will also have a free hand if that happens.

Since I always seem to play as Germany that would be good for me.

• Is the “no allies in Russia” NO count just red territories or all territories controlled by Russia?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Is the “no allies in Russia” NO count just red territories or all territories controlled by Russia?

All territories controlled by Russia, as per the AA50 NO.

• Had a couple games to playtest. I added a 5th NO to the US since Germany has also 5, 2 of them from Italy and it seemed unbalanced. The US receives 5 IPC if the Allies control any Chinese territory.

Seems balanced but hard to play. On my last game G had 60+ IPC to spend on G2 and it just built a huge airfleet to blast the incoming UK/US fleets. One suggestion a player made was to lower the IPC bonus to 3 to prevent such large jumps in income.

• I used these for the first time last night. I was the Axis and my brother, who has only played this twice, was the Allies. The last time he played Axis and Allies was the 2nd edition in the late 80s before 2 weeks ago when he played AA42 for the first time. I was able to take UK with Germany by about the 4th or 5th round. The extra income helped in buying fighters and bombers and I used those to wipe out his army in the UK. I also moved 2 infantry from Norway with my transport. He knocked out a bomber and a fighter with his AA gun but I had too much fire power for him.
    We played with weapons development/tech from AA50 and the fan made NAs on this site. As Germany one of my 2 NAs that I rolled for was the rockets. I used a bomber from Germany for a SBR and fired a rocket form Western Europe against the UK IC for a total of 12 damage markers against his IC. That was round 2 and he was never able to fully recover from that. I stacked the eastern front to keep Russia from trying anything and was able to Leningrad from him.
    Japan was able to take India in the second round and the US was not able to help the UK because he was planning a strike against Japan with US bombers and fighters. One of the NAs that the US had was long range fighters. We played to 9 victory cities and if we would have played to 12 I think that the Allies would have geared up for the win.
    After all of that being said, we really liked adding in the NOs that you posted here and we are looking forward to playing again with more NAs and adding the NOs and tech back into the mix. This is a great game by itself and with these extras it makes for an even better game time.

• I ran across this on BGG on the AA50 page. http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/3knjbg6od1/Axis__Allies_National_Objectives.pdf? Can someone that has the know how make something like this for Hobbes’ AA42 NOs? I do not have the equipment or the skills needed to make something like this. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m