• Trucks follow the same rules as transports but on land, they can carry up to 2 infantry. the point is to be able to move troops more effectively.

Cost - 5

Move - 3

Attack - 1

Defense - 1

Does this sound balanced? Is it useful?

• That doesn’t seem bad to me.

Although, why don’t you use 1940-style mechanized infantry?

• Customizer

Trucks should be like sea transports – No attack or defense values and are the last units to be destroyed if they are in a territory that is attacked.
    Also, trucks should only move 2 spaces.  3 spaces is too much.
    Each truck may carry 2 infantry OR 1 infantry and 1 artillery (towed). Only move in non-combat movement.
    I think the cost at 5 IPCs is good as most players will find them very useful at maintaining a good front line and helping infantry/artillery to keep up with the tanks and mechs.

• You would need to ferry 6 infantries for them to be worth the cost of a mechanized, if they are to only carry infantry. I find that hardly doable.

Carrying artillery does have value though. However, 5 Ipcs to speed up 1 artillery. That is a steep price.

I think that they would be a balance unit, if their move was set a 2. However, I don’t see myself buying any.

• '12

With a movement of 3 I could see them being built for no other purpose than as cannon fodder in a big battle.  Round 1 builds Inf, Round 2 Tanks, Round 3 a few trucks. 2 Fighters or 4 trucks?  No AA shots on the trucks, 2/3 the firepower and twice the hit points.  Even with no attack value they would be useful for the latter rounds of combat, you might not need the extra firepower of a ‘truck’ but it would be nice to be losing them rather than planes at the end of a battle 3 spaces from an IC.

• 2 spaces is enought…
    Hey captainhook… check your personnal message.

• Customizer

@MrMalachiCrunch:

With a movement of 3 I could see them being built for no other purpose than as cannon fodder in a big battle.  Round 1 builds Inf, Round 2 Tanks, Round 3 a few trucks. 2 Fighters or 4 trucks?  No AA shots on the trucks, 2/3 the firepower and twice the hit points.  Even with no attack value they would be useful for the latter rounds of combat, you might not need the extra firepower of a ‘truck’ but it would be nice to be losing them rather than planes at the end of a battle 3 spaces from an IC.

This is why I suggested they be treated like sea transports - last units to be destroyed - so people can’t use them as cannon fodder.
    @captainhook:

Carrying artillery does have value though. However, 5 Ipcs to speed up 1 artillery. That is a steep price.

Trucks can carry 2 infantry or 1 infantry AND 1 artillery. I think they would be very valuable in certain situations. Of course not all, but some. I would imagine Germany and Russia making heavy use of trucks, perhaps even Japan if they have an extended campaign in China. However, USA and UK probably not so much, and Japan would have no use for trucks in their Pacific campaigns. It would depend on the player and the situation as to whether or not trucks would be a good buy. Then again, that’s pretty much true for most of the units.

• '12

So then they would have no attack nor defense value.  That would make for a more balanced approach.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

We used transports from classic, and introduced them as TRAINS.

They cost 6,  moved 3, and could carry 3 inf, OR 1 art.  They couldn’t be used to blitz, BUT they could be used to attack an enemy territory.

There was one catch… they didn’t take a hit, and they could be captured… and they also couldn’t retreat from battle.

They could be strategically bombed and destroyed aswell.

It made for a great additional unit, especially if you’re into infrastructure/transport kind of stuff.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m