• okay first off, this has to be one of the scariest movies i ever seen. but i thought it was great thouhg those who saw it or want to see it post ur opionion or thought on the movie ;)

• this is ewok btw ;)

• saw it last night.
    was actually thinking 'bout it tonight.
    Good movie - excellent acting all around.
    I also liked the fact that this could have taken place “anywhere in the world” - not a whole lot of “rah rah America” but i could see it in smalltown Manitoba.
    The “isolation element” was interesting - it made you feel that these 4 souls were very much alone - especially as “father” had “lost his faith” and felt alone from God too - that contributed to the “isolation feeling” as well.
    It was a little too “war of the worlds” for me in some ways (i won’t reveal how), but overall a very thought-provoking movie.
    Nice to see Mel getting away from his recent “traditional” roles.
    And yes - it was a little scary. Nice thing about living in the city - call up some boys with bats/guns/golf clubs, meet out on the street an start swinging.
    I give it both thumbs up - maybe and 8-8.5/10.

• I didn’t think it was anything wonderful, and I found it very much more humorous than frightening. Sure there were a couple of parts that make you jump (most of which you can see in the trailer) but otherwise there wasn’t that much to be scared of, granted it was a bit suspensful; but even many of those were ruined by Mel’s incessant remeniscing. It really makes one wonder, though, about the intellegence of the ETs in the film; they are incredibly allergict to water (probably not dealing with carbon based here) yet they decide to invade a planet that is mostly covered by water, in one way or another, and abduct organisms that are also mostly water. It sounds like a real hell-hole for one of these aliens, not someplace you’d want to harvest your intellegent beings from.

• @bossk:

I didn’t think it was anything wonderful, and I found it very much more humorous than frightening. Sure there were a couple of parts that make you jump (most of which you can see in the trailer) but otherwise there wasn’t that much to be scared of, granted it was a bit suspensful; but even many of those were ruined by Mel’s incessant remeniscing. It really makes one wonder, though, about the intellegence of the ETs in the film; they are incredibly allergict to water (probably not dealing with carbon based here) yet they decide to invade a planet that is mostly covered by water, in one way or another, and abduct organisms that are also mostly water. It sounds like a real hell-hole for one of these aliens, not someplace you’d want to harvest your intellegent beings from.

Yeah - i didn’t want to ruin the surprise, but that i had to suspend disbelief for that whole water thing.

• THe part where it showed the video, and you see an alien for the first time, I jumped. But over all the aliens were not that scary. I mean you can trap them with a pantry door, and beat them to death with a bat.

They are fast and strong, but they didn’t seem to use those qualities in combat, only in movement. Given a super soaker or an assault rifle you could probably take out a dozen of the aliens.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m