• @Janus1:

And yes, I am looking forward to my next lives…

but what does that mean? reincarnation? heaven/hell? and what determines how you are reincarnated/sent to heaven or hell, etc.?

there are so many conceptions of the “afterlife” or “next life” that you need to clarify a bit…

My next life HERE, after a brief rest and review of my life this time around in the Summerlands.  I’ll come back around, with a couple of lessons to learn that I will set for myself, perhaps lessons I failed to learn this time.  Then I’ll be back here, with no real memory of what went before, but with a purpose set for my life with the starting point of my life determined by what I have set out for myself to learn.

• interesting…what are the summerlands like?

• 2007 AAR League

Asatruar introduction course;  (well it´s from the top of my head so bear with me)

Asatrue (Asatro) is the nordic style paganism.

Basically it was originally a very masculine faith, based in a lot of things around battle, feasting, and things to do in the afterlife.

But it was very popular in the whole populace of Norway, Sweden (and earlier in Denmark, they converted first)

And often people think all “gods” where Asar, (wich Oden, thor and some other indead are) but that is not true, there are two or three categories of gods living in AsgÃ¥rd, they are Asar, Vaner, and Alfer (elves)

The main deities (gods) are Oden (Odin, spelling varies a bit) (the master “ruler” of the gods, father to Thor among a few), Hes said to be the source to intelligence and wisdom, he sacrificed his left eye to gain the knowledge of the future, he also have two ravens, Hugin and Munin, that are collecting news for their master.

Thor is the god of thunder and war/vengance  (most of the gods are involved in warfare)

Freja is the Goddess of growth and fertillity she is the daughter of Njord (the god of weather), and her Brother was Frej (also a god of fertillity)

Njord, Frej and Freja was not Asar, they where Vaner (and was a part of the peace deal between Asar and Vanner that fought a war)

In the Asa religion they ahve divided the world into seven “branches” or realms you could say, they where all connected to each other in some ways… (do´t remember)

The realms where: Midgård (realm of man), Asgård (Realm of Asgård), Jotunheim (realm of the Giants), Hel (underworld).

There are also a realm for Vanerna, the elfs and black elfs have one realm each…

It was a long time ago i read a book on the nordic mythology, but it´s kinda hard to grasp it, a lot of things happened, and a lot of worlds, people and gods of all kinds are involved…

It´s speculated that Vanerna (religion of fertillity) was the religion in the Nordic countries before the Asatru, and that there was a real war between the religions, and that´s where it was incorporated into one religion…

All in all, the most celebrated day in Sweden is the Midsummer day, when we all go out dancing around a large pole stuck in the ground, and two “rings” hanging around it (you probably get the point), then we also get really drunk…

• I will defer to someone far more knowledgable than me regarding my Asatruar brethren…

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

Then I’ll be back here, with no real memory of what went before, but with a purpose set for my life with the starting point of my life determined by what I have set out for myself to learn.

Does this mean your post count will be reset to zero, or will you just pick up where you left off…

• LOL!

Well, I THINK I have achieved everything I set out to when I started with THIS site.  So I will probably move on to something else…

Mastery at Strip Poker by the age of 12 sounds like a GOOD goal for my next life :-)

• '19 Moderator

What if you were to decide you needed to experience Islam through the eyes of a believer.  Would that mean you wouldn’t be reincarnated again because you don’t believe it any more?

• I suppose Roman religion would simply be called polytheism.

• @dezrtfish:

What if you were to decide you needed to experience Islam through the eyes of a believer.  Would that mean you wouldn’t be reincarnated again because you don’t believe it any more?

The condidtions of the test would have been set before I returned.  So if I were to do that, I would still end up in the Summerlands to review my prior life, what gains I had made, and prepare for the next round.

• @M36:

I suppose Roman religion would simply be called polytheism.

Roman religion is to Polytheism as Baptist is to Monotheism.

• what are the summerlands like switch?

• I’ll have to tell you after my next trip there.  Right now, I cannot recall in my conscoius memory.

• is there anything you CAN tell me about the summerlands? did you used to know, but have forgotten because youve been in this world too long?

• @Janus1:

is there anything you CAN tell me about the summerlands? did you used to know, but have forgotten because youve been in this world too long?

It is what is between my lives.  A very pleasant place whe I can review what Ighave done, and what lies ahead.  Those souls that are between lives would be present while I was there, but of course returned souls would be absent.

No fire, no brimstone.  but no golden roads and cheubim either.

• are the summerlands subjective to each soul? are there inhabitants of the summerlands that cant or dont or wont come into this world? do you interact with other souls while in the summerlands? is it on the same timeline as earth, or its own? or removed from time altogether? how much time passes on earth generally before you return from the summerlands? how much time is spent in the summerlands? can you choose not to go to earth? is it an endless cycle of death and rebirth? is there any escape from it?

• @Janus1:

are the summerlands subjective to each soul? are there inhabitants of the summerlands that cant or dont or wont come into this world? do you interact with other souls while in the summerlands? is it on the same timeline as earth, or its own? or removed from time altogether? how much time passes on earth generally before you return from the summerlands? how much time is spent in the summerlands? can you choose not to go to earth? is it an endless cycle of death and rebirth? is there any escape from it?

The short answer is….

Highly variable, and highly individual.

• Hey Ncscswitch,

You said earlier that there is a “force.” You also said that when you pray its parallel to Catholicism in the way you channel to a specific source or location or maybe a destination.

(bare with me wile I set the back ground of my understanding so we can meet on middle ground)

My religious background (Mormon) learned that there is a force and it can be channeled to perform tasks if you will. There are powers out in the cosmos that are better at it then we are (God & Satan) but all living things can contribute to this force.

I guess what I’m saying is as a mortal human we can’t make things happen like poof but if we receive the endorsement of a higher power (for Mormons God) we can direct this force. For example I as a mortal can’t flood a valley if I wanted to but God could. I would have do go about it by lets say rerouting a river to fill the valley, and dam the exits.

In the end I accomplished the same task but on my lower plane I needed to go about it diffrent. Is this how you view the world?

• @losttribe04:

Hey Ncscswitch,

You said earlier that there is a “force.” You also said that when you pray its parallel to Catholicism in the way you channel to a specific source or location or maybe a destination.

(bare with me wile I set the back ground of my understanding so we can meet on middle ground)

My religious background (Mormon) learned that there is a force and it can be channeled to perform tasks if you will. There are powers out in the cosmos that are better at it then we are (God & Satan) but all living things can contribute to this force.

Some in eastern religions/cultures might call this “Qi.”

• Hey Jermofoot,

Is that how its spelled or is that how its pronounced?

• 2007 AAR League

Pronounced “chi”  i belive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m