• '19 '18 '17

Hello,

I’m looking for input on my understanding of the US 30 IPC rules.

So there are two rules:

• every turn 30 IPC in collect income if at war

• once 30 IPC immediately if unprovoked attack from Japan

Case 1 (No attack from Japan):
    Beginning of the “collect income”-phase in US turn 3, the US realizes there is no war between JP-US, so it can declare war immediately. Because of the ongoing war now, US receives 30 bonus IPC every turn, starting this. So starting from US4 it can spend 30 IPC more.

Case 2 (unprovoked attack from Japan in JP1, JP2 or JP3):
    Let’s say, Japan attacks US in turn 2. Instantly, while Japan is still on its turn, US receives 30IPC bonus payment. So after Japans turn in US2, US has already 30IPC more to spend. And starting with US3, the US has 30IPC more every turn from rule 1. So together, starting from US2 it can spend 30 IPC more.

Or is it in someway possible for the US to receive both (30+30) extra IPC’s in one turn?

regards

• I believe you are correct.  The “bonus” 30 the US gets when it’s attacked early is to compensate for not having extra money while “at war during collect income”, for example:

The US is attacked turn 2, gets 30 IPCs immediately so they have that to spend when it becomes their turn.  If this were NOT the case, then the US would only have their initial 30 IPCs to spend during “war time” which wouldn’t make sense.

This is how I understand it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m