150 IPCs - Built the best fleet possible…

• Sorry if I implied 2 on J1.

They buy one J1, one J2.

• 2007 AAR League

Why not two ICs? You don’t even need a bid to do it - especially if the tran in SZ59 survives.

• You build 1, and do 2 TRN.

Then on J2 you add another IC.

This lets Japan send 12 divisions per turn into Asia, 6 built there, 6 TRN’d in.

And that is enough to finish off any remaining UK and US presence in asia, and to also out-build Russia.

If Japan is sending THAT kind of volume at Moscow, the Allies have to be concerned with protecting msocow, since the Russians cannot defend against THAT level of force alone.  And when the Allies break to defense of moscow instead of crushing Berlin, THAT is when the Axis moves to win the game.

And that is exactly what is happenign in my current game… once the Allies “blink” and move to defend Moscow, the box that Germany was in in broken, and Germany rises to play total havoc with the Allies

• @ncscswitch:

… once the Allies “blink” and move to defend Moscow, the box that Germany was in in broken, and Germany rises to play total havoc with the Allies

The Allies should in any case either be able to reinforce Moscow through Archangel (if Germany has the Caucasus), or contain Germany at Eastern Europe using only UK and US (allowing USSR to redirect its full attention against Japan).

I think your opponent was either unskilled or unlucky, to allow Japanese infantry/artillery to win the day against Moscow, particularly with 2 ICs - as well as allowing the containment of Berlin to collpase.

There is only ONE situation in which the Japanese should even consider getting a second IC on J2, and that’s when Japan managed to get a secure hold on India in J1.  I am quite sure I can crush any 2-complex building Japan player if neither of the ICs is in India.

• I do it almost every game… 2 IC’s in 2 turns.  And my win rate with the Axis is currently 11 wins in 13 games…

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

I do it almost every game… 2 IC’s in 2 turns.  And my win rate with the Axis is currently 11 wins in 13 games…

Manchuria and Kwang?

• Usually Manch and FIC.  But sometimes I will do FIC then India, depending on how the Allies open, and where my opennings are are Japan :-)

• @ncscswitch:

I do it almost every game… 2 IC’s in 2 turns.  And my win rate with the Axis is currently 11 wins in 13 games…

lol srsly?

• That is what my DAAK record shows…

• @ncscswitch:

That is what my DAAK record shows…

lol srsly?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m