• Send both the destroyer and the carrier against the transport. Your carrier will likely be of little to no use to you if Germany closed off the Suez canal, anyways, so might as well use it to up the chances of you downing the Japanese transport. Letting that Japan transport live is very annoying.

• arrg!

you are right, it is Missing Persons.

• Yes Octo… JamesG got it right… it IS Missing Persons.  Their other hit was “Walking in LA”

As for sending the AC against the TRN also… that depends on what you do with your Aussie fleet… AND if you think the game will go long enough for you to get the AC back to UK via the Cape of Good Hope…

• @ncscswitch:

Yes Octo… JamesG got it right… it IS Missing Persons.  Their other hit was “Walking in LA”

Horay for me!

As for sending the AC against the TRN also… that depends on what you do with your Aussie fleet… AND if you think the game will go long enough for you to get the AC back to UK via the Cape of Good Hope…

Yeah, I didn’t want to totally sacrifice the entire fleet by moving it to Kwangtung.  So I attacked the Trannie there with the fighter, intending to land in Bury which I had stacked as Russia.  The rest of the fleet went straight down and linked with the Aussie trannie.  The Aussie sub went against the Solomons sub.Â

I know I can’t hold Bury for long but Japan can’t sack Bury, do Pearl, and kill the UK fleet down in SZ30 all on turn one.  I wanted to give him a lot of choices and capatalize on what he didn’t do.  Losing the Fighter vs the Trannie, without even killing it, did hurt.  My opponent did Pearl and killed the UK fleet, but it meant his East Indies fleet was out of position on J2 to do much.  If that battle had been off Kwangtung, the Jap fleet would’ve been in a better position J2.

Still not sure what the “optimal” move is with those UK boats.  There may not be one…

• So much of UK’s force distribution in the Indian Ocean depends on G1…

Did Germany take Egypt?  How heavy?

Egypt is a key territory for the Allies… the longer they hold/trade it, the better.

A move I like for UK1 with the fleet is to send the AC, DST AND FIG to kill that pesky TRN off Kwang, then land the FIG in China to help kill Japan’s troops in the near mandatory assault on China on J1.  The remaining fleet off Kwang is a nuisance to Japan, and requires that they do something about it… and with 2 rolls of 3’s, it has to be a fairly substantial something (at least 1 BB plus some air power or other navy).

I also like to strike the Jap Sub in Solomons with the SZ40 navy… Either dead sub, or annoying UK forces just south of Pearl.  Either way, more targets to eat up Japan’s available strike forces in J1.

• @ncscswitch:

The remaining fleet off Kwang is a nuisance to Japan, and requires that they do something about it… and with 2 rolls of 3’s, it has to be a fairly substantial something (at least 1 BB plus some air power or other navy).

There is no difference between a UK fleet near India or a UK fleet near Kwang when I play J…
    their defending roll is still the same and both will perish someday…
    Only nuissance they give?
    you have to pay attention that no trannie goes unguarded…
    but you always have to keep the latter in mind :-P
    (with or without a UK fleet nearby)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m