1942.2 total vic. w/ int: Zombie69 (Axis) vs Commando Brado (Allies + 12)

• The battle in India was very one-sided, sorry about that. On average I was supposed to take it with one artillery while losing one fighter. Still, even with standard outcomes, I believe the game was pretty much over with no American fleet to speak of and Brits taken out of the equation everywhere but in Africa.  :|

• @Zombie69:

The battle in India was very one-sided, sorry about that. On average I was supposed to take it with one artillery while losing one fighter. Still, even with standard outcomes, I believe the game was pretty much over with no American fleet to speak of and Brits taken out of the equation everywhere but in Africa.  :|

Uh YEA!!! VERY much one sided! LOL!  :-(  :-o  :?  :lol:  :x  :-P  :oops:  :cry:  :roll:  :| You’re exactly right. You should have taken it w/1 Art, while losing one of your fighters. That was totally slated in your favor. You have 4 Inf & 4 Art too much in India.  :-P

The whole idea behind me putting my 2 Brit AC’s w/4 FTR’s in SZ35 was to force you to either attack the American fleet in SZ58 or attack the Brit fleet in SZ35. From the odds calculator, you would have had to bring 3 of your FTR’s to the fleet battle in SZ35 w/all of your fleet, plus 1 FTR, 3 Bmbr’s to India, pretty much preventing you from doing both. Saving India. If your fleet did come down to SZ35, then I would have whacked them w/the American airforce. AND, India still would have been able to have been taken back w/the American tank in TJ, plus the bomber. Then, reinforced by the Brits in Persia. And, India could have built that turn. W/out any Japanese transports, plus the tanks coming down from Russia, I believe I could’ve held India. However, when you get amazing dicing like you did in India, it’s pretty hard to overcome those odds.

I completely spaced on the FTR’s in Yakut reaching SZ58. Like I said, I figured you’d need your entire fleet this turn to take India, therefore I figured you might attack the US fleet in SZ58 w/your fleet, then I could whack you back in SZ58. Or, you wouldn’t have attacked India this turn, not attacked the US fleet, giving the US more naval superiority in the Pacific.

In hindsight, I would have done something slightly different w/the US. And, if I had left my fleet in SZ13, I would have left 4 FTR’s there instead of 2. Or, just moved my US fleet all together and taken Norway.

Anyway, good game. Like I said, this is my first 1942.2 game, so there was a little bit of a learning curve. Wanna play again?  :-D Same sides? Same bid? I

I’m going to take the US and Russia turn just for the kicks of it, just to see what happens…  :-P

• About the right odds in India w/the US.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II v5 1942 Second Edition, version: 1.9

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 1 destroyer and 5 submarines; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                1 submarine moved from 56 Sea Zone to 58 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 56 Sea Zone to 58 Sea Zone
                1 armour moved from Trans-Jordan to India
                1 fighter moved from Trans-Jordan to India
                1 fighter moved from Egypt to India
                1 bomber moved from Egypt to India

Combat - Americans
                Battle in India
                    Americans attack with 1 armour, 1 bomber and 4 fighters
                    Japanese defend with 1 aaGun, 5 artilleries, 1 factory and 4 infantry
                        AA fire in India :  1/3 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in India
                        Americans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 bomber and 3 fighters in India, round 2 :  3/5 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 aaGun, 5 artilleries and 4 infantry in India, round 2 :  3/9 hits
                        3 fighters owned by the Americans, 2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 aaGun owned by the Japanese lost in India
                        Americans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 bomber in India, round 3 :  1/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 5 artilleries and 2 infantry in India, round 3 :  2/7 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 armour owned by the Americans and 1 bomber owned by the Americans lost in India
                    Japanese win with 5 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -44
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 aaGun and 3 infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 armour, 1 bomber and 4 fighters
                Battle in 58 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 2 submarines
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                        Americans roll dice for 2 submarines in 58 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 58 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 58 Sea Zone
                    Americans win with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Americans
                1 infantry moved from Western Canada to Alaska
                1 infantry moved from Western Canada to Alaska
                1 aaGun moved from Western Canada to Alaska
                1 aaGun moved from Eastern United States to Eastern Canada
                1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to Eastern Canada
                1 submarine moved from 38 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
                1 destroyer and 5 submarines placed in 56 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 40 PUs; end with 41 PUs total

Territory Summary for Americans :

11 Sea Zone : 1 transport
        35 Sea Zone : 1 submarine
        56 Sea Zone : 4 destroyers and 6 submarines
        58 Sea Zone : 2 submarines
        Alaska : 1 aaGun and 2 infantry
        Eastern Canada : 1 aaGun and 1 infantry
        Eastern United States : 1 factory
        Morocco : 1 flag
        Western United States : 1 factory

Production/PUs Summary :

Russians : 11 / 23
        Germans : 45 / 46
        British : 29 / 34
        Japanese : 43 / 44
        Americans : 40 / 41

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 6 times
                2 was rolled 5 times
                3 was rolled 3 times
                4 was rolled 4 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 10 times
            Average roll : 3.655
            Median : 4.000
            Variance : 1.821
            Standard Deviation : 1.350
            Total rolls : 29

Japanese Combat
                1 was rolled 4 times
                2 was rolled 2 times
                3 was rolled 3 times
                4 was rolled 3 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 7 times
            Average roll : 3.800
            Variance : 1.158
            Standard Deviation : 1.076
            Total rolls : 20

Americans Combat
                1 was rolled 2 times
                2 was rolled 3 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 3 times
            Average roll : 3.333
            Median : 2.000
            Variance : 1.375
            Standard Deviation : 1.173
            Total rolls : 9

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II v5 1942 Second Edition, version: 1.9

Game History

Round: 7

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians buy 2 artilleries and 5 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Russians
                1 infantry moved from Sinkiang to Anhwei
                      Americans take Anhwei from Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Sinkiang to Szechwan
                      Americans take Szechwan from Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Sinkiang to Evenki National Okrug
                1 artillery moved from Russia to Kazakh S.S.R.
                1 infantry moved from Russia to Kazakh S.S.R.
                1 infantry moved from Russia to Archangel
                1 artillery moved from Russia to Archangel
                1 infantry moved from Russia to Caucasus
                1 artillery moved from Russia to Caucasus
                1 infantry moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 infantry moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 artillery moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 infantry moved from Sinkiang to Evenki National Okrug
                1 infantry moved from Russia to Kazakh S.S.R.

Combat - Russians
                Battle in Evenki National Okrug
                    Russians attack with 2 infantry
                    Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                        Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Evenki National Okrug, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Evenki National Okrug, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Evenki National Okrug
                        Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Evenki National Okrug, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Evenki National Okrug, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians retreated to Sinkiang
                    Japanese win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                    Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
                Battle in Archangel
                    Russians attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 artillery
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Archangel, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery in Archangel, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Archangel
                    Russians win, taking Archangel from Germans with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
                Battle in Kazakh S.S.R.
                    Russians attack with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                    Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Kazakh S.S.R., round 2 :  0/3 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kazakh S.S.R., round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Kazakh S.S.R., round 3 :  1/3 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kazakh S.S.R., round 3 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Kazakh S.S.R.
                    Russians win, taking Kazakh S.S.R. from Japanese with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Battle in West Russia
                    Russians attack with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in West Russia, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in West Russia, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in West Russia
                    Russians win, taking West Russia from Germans with 1 artillery and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in Caucasus
                    Russians attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 artillery and 1 factory
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery in Caucasus, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Caucasus
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery in Caucasus, round 3 :  1/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery in Caucasus, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
                    Russians win, taking Caucasus from Germans with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - Russians
                1 armour moved from Russia to Persia
                1 aaGun moved from Russia to Kazakh S.S.R.
                1 aaGun moved from Russia to Kazakh S.S.R.

Place Units - Russians
                2 artilleries and 5 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 20 PUs; end with 20 PUs total

Territory Summary for Russians :

Anhwei : 1 infantry
        Archangel : 1 artillery and 1 infantry
        Caucasus : 1 artillery and 1 factory
        Kazakh S.S.R. : 2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 1 infantry
        Persia : 3 armour
        Russia : 10 artilleries, 1 factory and 9 infantry
        Sinkiang : 1 infantry
        Szechwan : 1 infantry
        West Russia : 1 flag, 1 artillery and 2 infantry

Production/PUs Summary :

Russians : 20 / 20
        Germans : 38 / 46
        British : 29 / 34
        Japanese : 39 / 44
        Americans : 42 / 41

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 12 times
                2 was rolled 8 times
                3 was rolled 7 times
                4 was rolled 6 times
                5 was rolled 6 times
                6 was rolled 16 times
            Average roll : 3.618
            Variance : 1.500
            Standard Deviation : 1.225
            Total rolls : 55

Japanese Combat
                1 was rolled 5 times
                2 was rolled 3 times
                3 was rolled 4 times
                4 was rolled 3 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 8 times
            Average roll : 3.667
            Median : 3.500
            Variance : 1.217
            Standard Deviation : 1.103
            Total rolls : 24

Germans Combat
                1 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 1 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.800
            Variance : 1.250
            Standard Deviation : 1.118
            Total rolls : 5

Russians Combat
                1 was rolled 4 times
                2 was rolled 2 times
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                5 was rolled 4 times
                6 was rolled 4 times
            Average roll : 3.647
            Variance : 0.812
            Standard Deviation : 0.901
            Total rolls : 17

Americans Combat
                1 was rolled 2 times
                2 was rolled 3 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 3 times
            Average roll : 3.333
            Median : 2.000
            Variance : 1.375
            Standard Deviation : 1.173

• Pretty sure I’ll lose this one but let’s play it out for another round to see what happens. Do you want to start another game to coincide with this one? Same sides? Same bid? Or, I can play the Axis this time w/the bid we agreed to before. But regardless, will you give me another game w/me playing the Allies, same bid to try and redeem myself?  :-D

• I’ll let you beat me up for another round on this one if you’re game?

• @Commando:

The whole idea behind me putting my 2 Brit AC’s w/4 FTR’s in SZ35 was to force you to either attack the American fleet in SZ58 or attack the Brit fleet in SZ35. From the odds calculator, you would have had to bring 3 of your FTR’s to the fleet battle in SZ35 w/all of your fleet, plus 1 FTR, 3 Bmbr’s to India, pretty much preventing you from doing both. Saving India. If your fleet did come down to SZ35, then I would have whacked them w/the American airforce. AND, India still would have been able to have been taken back w/the American tank in TJ, plus the bomber. Then, reinforced by the Brits in Persia. And, India could have built that turn. W/out any Japanese transports, plus the tanks coming down from Russia, I believe I could’ve held India. However, when you get amazing dicing like you did in India, it’s pretty hard to overcome those odds.

Actually, my 2 choices that made sense were 1) to do as I did and go without transports but with 6 planes or 2) to go with transports but without planes, taking India with a few guys left on it, destroying your fleet with everything that could reach while losing only a destroyer and 3 bombers. In that case, my fleet still survives your American attack since it’s intact except for one destroyer. The reason I went this route was that the other only gave me a 64% win rate in Russia (even though I end up with more troops on the ground there on average) and I really wanted to make sure that your Russian fighters died.

In hindsight, I would have done something slightly different w/the US. And, if I had left my fleet in SZ13, I would have left 4 FTR’s there instead of 2. Or, just moved my US fleet all together and taken Norway.

I could still destroy it even with 2 more fighters, or if you took Norway (in range of the 3 subs). As it is, I destroyed it easily and on average should have lost one less bomber than I did. Still, I had two bombers left. I made the mistake earlier of not leaving my planes in range and letting it move there, but now that they were in range, you had to get out. Your best move was to send 6 fighters and a bomber on my Med fleet, while retreating and building more fleet on the US East Coast.

Anyway, good game. Like I said, this is my first 1942.2 game, so there was a little bit of a learning curve.

In the marketplace forum, you said you played twice with your board game!  :wink:

Wanna play again?  :-D Same sides? Same bid?

Before we started the game, you suggested taking the Allies with 12 and letting me take them with 8 in the next game. Wanna try that instead? I need more work with my Allies, as the only 1942.2 game I’ve ever lost was with the Allies.

• @Commando:

I’ll let you beat me up for another round on this one if you’re game?

I think it’s a bit pointless as I’m not one to beat a dead horse. After one more round, you’d have no plane left anywhere in the world except the 4 off India (Germany drops on the one in Africa and could even take Brazil one turn later), the Russians don’t even have any tanks either (Persia gets annihilated with 1 INF, 4 ART, 1 TNK, 3 FGT, 3 BMB), there isn’t any allied fleet left in the Atlantic and no Pacific threat that Japan can’t easily handle. Germany plucks down 6 transports this turn and there’s nothing UK can do to keep me from taking London one turn later with as many as 8 INF, 6 TNK, 3 FGT, 2 BMB. In fact I’d have a 51% chance of taking it now, but why risk it when I can take it for sure one turn later?

I suggest we just start a new game and forget about this one quickly!

Game History

Round: 7

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 artillery and 6 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                2 infantry moved from France to 14 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 14 Sea Zone to 23 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 23 Sea Zone to French West Africa
                1 fighter moved from 14 Sea Zone to French West Africa
                1 battleship moved from 14 Sea Zone to 23 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from France to Caucasus
                1 bomber moved from France to West Russia
                2 infantry moved from Ukraine S.S.R. to Caucasus
                2 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to West Russia
                1 artillery moved from Karelia S.S.R. to West Russia
                2 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Archangel
                1 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Archangel
                1 fighter moved from Germany to Archangel

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Archangel
                    Germans attack with 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                    Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Archangel, round 2 :  1/4 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Archangel, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Archangel
                        Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Archangel, round 3 :  0/4 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery in Archangel, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Archangel, round 4 :  0/4 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery in Archangel, round 4 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Archangel
                        Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Archangel, round 5 :  1/3 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery in Archangel, round 5 :  0/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Russians lost in Archangel
                    Germans win, taking Archangel from Russians with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in West Russia
                    Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 2 infantry
                    Russians defend with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 2 infantry in West Russia, round 2 :  0/4 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in West Russia, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in West Russia
                    1 artillery owned by the Germans retreated to Karelia S.S.R.
                    Russians win with 1 artillery and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Battle in Caucasus
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber and 2 infantry
                    Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 factory
                        Germans roll dice for 1 bomber and 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 :  1/3 hits
                        Russians roll dice for 1 artillery in Caucasus, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Russians lost in Caucasus
                    Germans win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 1 bomber and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery
                Battle in French West Africa
                    Germans attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                    British defend with 1 fighter
                        Germans roll dice for 1 battleship in French West Africa, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 fighter in French West Africa, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in French West Africa
                    Germans win, taking French West Africa from British with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 fighter

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 fighter moved from French West Africa to 23 Sea Zone
                1 carrier moved from 14 Sea Zone to 23 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Caucasus to Karelia S.S.R.
                1 bomber moved from West Russia to Karelia S.S.R.
                1 fighter moved from Archangel to Karelia S.S.R.
                2 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia S.S.R.
                9 armour moved from Belorussia to Karelia S.S.R.
                2 infantry moved from Poland to Ukraine S.S.R.
                1 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Belorussia
                1 infantry moved from Southern Europe to Bulgaria Romania
                1 fighter moved from 14 Sea Zone to Northwestern Europe
                2 aaGuns moved from France to Germany
                1 submarine moved from 8 Sea Zone to 13 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
                8 infantry moved from Germany to Baltic States

Place Units - Germans
                6 transports placed in 5 Sea Zone
                1 artillery placed in Karelia S.S.R.

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 44 PUs; end with 44 PUs total

Territory Summary for Germans :

5 Sea Zone : 6 transports
        8 Sea Zone : 2 submarines
        13 Sea Zone : 1 submarine
        23 Sea Zone : 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 fighter and 1 transport
        Archangel : 1 flag, 2 infantry
        Baltic States : 8 infantry
        Belorussia : 1 infantry
        Bulgaria Romania : 1 infantry
        Caucasus : 1 flag, 1 factory and 2 infantry
        France : 2 infantry
        French West Africa : 1 flag, 1 infantry
        Germany : 2 aaGuns and 1 factory
        Gibraltar : 1 flag
        Italy : 1 factory
        Karelia S.S.R. : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 9 armour, 2 artilleries, 2 bombers, 1 factory, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
        Northwestern Europe : 1 fighter
        Poland : 1 infantry
        Ukraine S.S.R. : 2 infantry

Production/PUs Summary :

Russians : 15 / 20
        Germans : 44 / 44
        British : 28 / 34
        Japanese : 39 / 44
        Americans : 42 / 41

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 3 times
                2 was rolled 6 times
                3 was rolled 8 times
                4 was rolled 5 times
                5 was rolled 7 times
                6 was rolled 4 times
            Average roll : 3.576
            Median : 3.000
            Variance : 0.594
            Standard Deviation : 0.771
            Total rolls : 33

Germans Combat
                1 was rolled 1 times
                2 was rolled 5 times
                3 was rolled 5 times
                4 was rolled 4 times
                5 was rolled 4 times
                6 was rolled 4 times
            Average roll : 3.739
            Variance : 0.682
            Standard Deviation : 0.826
            Total rolls : 23

British Combat
                3 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.000
            Variance : ?
            Standard Deviation : ?
            Total rolls : 1

Russians Combat
                1 was rolled 2 times
                2 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 1 times
                5 was rolled 3 times
            Average roll : 3.222
            Variance : 0.875
            Standard Deviation : 0.935

• Here, I played the German turn just to give you a better picture of what I meant.  :-D

• I could still destroy it even with 2 more fighters, or if you took Norway (in range of the 3 subs). As it is, I destroyed it easily and on average should have lost one less bomber than I did. Still, I had two bombers left. I made the mistake earlier of not leaving my planes in range and letting it move there, but now that they were in range, you had to get out. Your best move was to send 6 fighters and a bomber on my Med fleet, while retreating and building more fleet on the US East Coast.

Yes, you could have destroyed the US fleet w/2 more FTR’s. The idea would be to destroy more German airforce. But, the idea was all hands on deck to try and save India AND if Japan moved it’s fleet to the SZ off India, whack it with the 4 US FTR’s and 1 US SBR. And, if Japan didn’t move it’s fleet there, then I would have 4 US FTR’s to move into India if necessary. In hindsight, as discussed, it would have been better for me to move my fleet completely out of harms way, still allowing me to protect Britain if necessary, not attack Morocco at all and just attack Norway w/1 Trans, 2 Inf & 1 US SBR in England. Or, not attack Norway at all. SZ2 would have been a good place for the US fleet to be safe. With the 2 US Trans, 3 Inf 1 Art in SZ2, I could have attacked Norway the following turn. Like I said, I was trying to save India, which was obviously key for the Allies to continue the game and have a reasonable chance of winning. I was trying to press the Axis and hopefully get a little lucky w/dicing.

If I had done something a little different w/the US, I could have had a better showing. Losing the Brit SBR in the beginning hurt as well.

• In the marketplace forum, you said you played twice with your board game!  wink

I played it twice w/my 16 year old son. That doesn’t count.  :-P I was trying to teach him the mechanics of the game. And, that was some time ago when the game first came out.

• Before we started the game, you suggested taking the Allies with 12 and letting me take them with 8 in the next game. Wanna try that instead? I need more work with my Allies, as the only 1942.2 game I’ve ever lost was with the Allies.

Ok, sounds good. I’ll take the Axis, giving you the Allies at +8. Start a new thread, place your units and take the Russian turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m