• Banzai Charge says: (same with Angriff)

“In your assault phase, friendly non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldiers adjacent to this unit can move into an adjacent hex and attack an enemy Soldier or Vehicle in that hex. They get +1 on each attack die for that attack.”

My first question:
    The friendly non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldiers who entered into an adjacent hex to attack an enemy soldier with Banzai Charge remains in this hex afterwards, I assume. So it means that stacking rule still valid, you cannot over-stack a hex when using Banzai Charge?

My second question:
    When a non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldier charged with Banzai attack an enemy soldier can he move more than one hex? Or does his speed still applies (1 hex)?

My third question:
    Commandant who has this skills can use this skill for himself, as well?

My fourth question:
    A non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldier can be carried with a Jeep and charged with Banzai at the same time?

My fifth question:
    Does terrain effects which restrict get in a hex or cross a hex still apply for Banzai charged soldier? I mean if he normally has to make a roll to be able to enter enemy hex or to cross a hex, he still has to succeed the roll when Banzai charged?

Thanks so much in advance!!

• '18 Customizer

@mrblue:

Banzai Charge says: (same with Angriff)

“In your assault phase, friendly non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldiers adjacent to this unit can move into an adjacent hex and attack an enemy Soldier or Vehicle in that hex. They get +1 on each attack die for that attack.”

My first question:
    The friendly non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldiers who entered into an adjacent hex to attack an enemy soldier with Banzai Charge remains in this hex afterwards, I assume. So it means that stacking rule still valid, you cannot over-stack a hex when using Banzai Charge?

My second question:
    When a non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldier charged with Banzai attack an enemy soldier can he move more than one hex? Or does his speed still applies (1 hex)?

My third question:
    Commandant who has this skills can use this skill for himself, as well?

My fourth question:
    A non-disrupted non-Artillery Soldier can be carried with a Jeep and charged with Banzai at the same time?

My fifth question:
    Does terrain effects which restrict get in a hex or cross a hex still apply for Banzai charged soldier? I mean if he normally has to make a roll to be able to enter enemy hex or to cross a hex, he still has to succeed the roll when Banzai charged?

Thanks so much in advance!!

1. Correct, stacking rules still apply.

2. The charge is limited to a speed of 1

3. Commanders can use the ability, but they do not have to assault with the troops. Units adjacent can use the ability and then the commander can move to an adjacent hex and if any units are adjacent they can use the ability again.

4. tricky question, but I would say No. A commanders abilities work while boarded in transport however a jeep isn’t a fighting platform and since his ability is a attack ability he cannot attack from a jeep, so thus the No. But, if he were in a half track w/ fighting platform then the answer would be Yes.

5. Movement rolls are required in Banzi and Angriff when terrain blocks movements.

Note -  Banzi and Angriff movements are subject to defensive fire as would normally apply to movements adjacent to an enemy soldier.

Anything else?

• '18 Customizer

[EDIT] - After a consult with a friend who is quite knowledgeable at rules answer #3 was changed.

• Thank you so much! But how number 3 has changd. He has to attack as well when he uses Banzai Charge?

• '18 Customizer

@mrblue:

Thank you so much! But how number 3 has changd. He has to attack as well when he uses Banzai Charge?

Yes that is correct. He must advance and attack with his troops.

• Ok, a new question  :-D sorry.

Above, we said that a Banzai Charged friendly soldier still has to succeed movement rolls. What if he fails in movement roll? He is considered that he couldn’t be banzai charged but can attack normally he would do? Or he loses his chance to attack all together?

Same question, but this time, let’s assume he succeeded movement rolls (or there wasn’t any) but disrupted as a result of defensive fire. He is considered that he couldn’t be banzai charged but can attack normally he would do? Or he loses his chance to attack all together?

Lastly, what about when failing or being immediately disrupted by defensive fire happens to Commander who does the Banzai Charge? Then he fails only for himself but still can charge friendly soldiers even after failing himself?

• '18 Customizer

No worries, ask as many questions as you wish. :-D

After a consult with my friend who has a deeper understanding of the rules than myself here are your answers:

1. If unit fails movement roll it is done with it’s phase.

2. If unit is disrupted it is done with it’s phase.

3. If the commander goes first and is disrupted the rest cannot banzai/angriff as disrupted commanders lose their SA. So I would send him last.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m