Could someone PLEASE answere this question??

• I apologize to bug you guys about this but I’ve been reading pages and pages of this forum and I can’t seem to figure this question out.

If a unit elects to fire in the movement phase instead of move (they can do that, right?) and that unit Kills another unit. Does the unit that was killed get to move and fire as normal if the attacker had the initiative and fired first?

The exact situation is My German “Tank Killer” elected to fire in the first turn during it’s movement phase and it destroyed a Sherman. Does that Sherman get to do anything? We thought it would make sense if the Sherman could still fire as norman that turn but was not allowed to move. Please help me clarify this you experts out there. I’m hooked on this game and really want to understand it in full.

• Get into those rules again.

Movement phase, your turn.  You move any or all pieces that are allowed to move (no shooting).  Movement phase, the opponents turn, they move any or all pieces that are allowed to move.  Assualt phase, your turn, move or shoot with any or all of your pieces.  Same for the opponent.

There are of course special abilities and situations (like defensive fire) that cause minor alterations to this.

Enjoy the game.  I’m hooked too.  Go at it slow until you feel comfortable with it.  Then see my Kursk entry below.

• Thank you so much! I should take it slow but it’s hard when your so hooked. I love WWII history so much that Axis and Allies is like some “dream come true” of a game to me. Love your singnature quote by the way.

• @Obergruppenfuhrer:

Thank you so much! I should take it slow but it’s hard when your so hooked. I love WWII history so much that Axis and Allies is like some “dream come true” of a game to me. Love your singnature quote by the way.

Learn to play online with us in the play by post forum.

• @Half-Track:

@Obergruppenfuhrer:

Thank you so much! I should take it slow but it’s hard when your so hooked. I love WWII history so much that Axis and Allies is like some “dream come true” of a game to me. Love your singnature quote by the way.

Learn to play online with us in the play by post forum.

Thank you for the invitaion. I’m working a lot this week but come this weekend, I’ll make time for that. Sounds wonderful!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m