• Some players think the choice is obvious but the convention proves too defensive in my games. What do you think?

• I voted the Haupsturmfurher, but I like to use the Inspiring Lt. quite a bit.  I didn’t see him on the list.  :(

• Founder TripleA Admin

I added it.

• @djensen:

I added it.

Thanks D, I kind of messed that one up. My apologies.

• I’m all for the Inspiring LT. The extra move is really, really sweet. I usually slap two on the field when I do a large British or Allied force.

-=Grim=-

• it’s almost impossible to answer this, but I went with the oberleutenant.  But I think they’re almost all very useful.  The only one I don’t like is the commissar, simply because everytime I used his ability, it didn’t change anything, but I guess he’s good anyway because he’s cheaper than the cossack and he allows your nagants to move…

When I first saw the SNLF Captain ability, I was pissed he could paradrop, and I still am.  But I recently realised that the SNLF captain can be deadly next to japanese mortar.  The mortar has seasoned crew which gives your enemy a -1 on cover rolls and the SNLF captain has pinpointer which also gives your enemy a -1 on cover rolls.  You can’t add up the same ability but you can add up the same ability effect.  So everytime you shoot with a japanese mortar that’s next to a SNLF Captain, if you enemy has cover, he needs a 6, which I think is very good.

• I’m not sure between SS-Haupsturmfuhrer and Uberleutnant.  In my point of view Germany has the best officers.

The Uber leutnant is the best in urban fights and close combat but the SS is more versatile and is great for dug up infantry.  I got to go with the Uberleutnant.

One deadly match is a Cossak in a KV-1 tank.  The KV-1 has to get up close and personnal but the -1 on enemy dices is very good.  All the time I try to use this it blow up in my face and that’s why I don’t like this tactic very much but I was very very effectifve against me way too often… Killercellery and Otto know what I mean !!!

• The Oberleutnant using “Angriff” to send SS-Panzergrendiers into the lines is tough.  That 5 defense makes it unlikely the SS-Panzergrendiers will be stopped by defensive fire.

• General, there is no deffensive fire on a unit using angriff.  The defensive fire only occures in the movement phase.  Should be the same for banzai charge.

Since this is a special ability you should not get a defensive fire.

• Defensive fire occurs in the assault phase, too.  Not just movement.  READ THE RULES

• @General:

Defensive fire occurs in the assault phase, too. Not just movement. READ THE RULES

He’s right.

• A special ability does trump normal rules… but usually states as much on the stat card.  For instance, “Close Assault”  It ignores cover.

Angriff doesn’t state “this movement ignores defensive fire.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m