• Typical spoils-system appointment.

• @Yanny:

Typical spoils-system appointment.

Very correct…and I am not bashing Bush per se with this comment as I am sure you have a ton of this with any appointed officials, but some of those guys I work with are just plain dumb. They might be good press faces but the common sense level or lack there of amazes me with a few of them.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Hax, it took 3 days to get supplies to New Orleans after authorization was given by the Governor. It took 6 days to get supplies to Florida that year they were hit with multiple hurricanes in a row.

Sounds to me like FEMA spead the process up considerably. You can’t just wave a wand and make it all better, things like this take time. You have to get the supplies, move them to depots, load trucks, drive to the effected area (can’t use planes, the airport’s underwater!) you have to sail boats to the area, you then have to unload the trucks and begin to disseminate the materials.

Meanwhile, the Salvation Army had all this prepared specifically FOR New Orleans a week before the hurricane hit. (okay, more like a few days, but it was still well in time to begin the process so it could go off the instant the winds died down and the rain stopped.) But the Mayor told them not to come, that the city had plans in place for this and would handle it themselves.

This is 100% a local administration f*ck-up. You can’t put the blame anywhere else, which is why there’s no calls from the Democratic party for sweeping investigations. They know it’ll come out that it was a total FUBAR situation created by the local administrations which happen to be democrat. (I say happen to be, because they are not indicitive of all democrats, but their actions can be used by the republicans to color all democrats as bumbling idiots, theives and fools if this all comes out.)

• Very correct…and I am not bashing Bush per se with this comment as I am sure you have a ton of this with any appointed officials, but some of those guys I work with are just plain dumb. They might be good press faces but the common sense level or lack there of amazes me with a few of them.

Exactly. I don’t blame Bush specifically for this one because this is (unfortunately) what happens in politics. Democrat, Republican, doesn’t matter.

• There were calls for investigation by the Democratic party the day after. And I realize it takes time to get supplies together, but does it take 4 days to get there - the main motorcade got there on Friday, the storm went mainland on Monday night.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/katrina-timeline.php

You can continue to blame the local government all day long, but looking at this timeline, the Gov of LA declared a national disaster state on Saturday, before the storm hit land, Bush freeing up the fed. funds two days later…sort of makes your remarks wrong now about the local folks not asking for help in time?

And since you will declare that site “liberal media”:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168413,00.html

Now please show me where it took 6 days to get supplies into an area they could land planes, drive into and otherwise get aid to quickly re: Florida.

@haxorboy:

There were calls for investigation by the Democratic party the day after. And I realize it takes time to get supplies together, but does it take 4 days to get there - the main motorcade got there on Friday, the storm went mainland on Monday night.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/katrina-timeline.php

You can continue to blame the local government all day long, but looking at this timeline, the Gov of LA declared a national disaster state on Saturday, before the storm hit land, Bush freeing up the fed. funds two days later…sort of makes your remarks wrong now about the local folks not asking for help in time?

And since you will declare that site “liberal media”:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168413,00.html

Now please show me where it took 6 days to get supplies into an area they could land planes, drive into and otherwise get aid to quickly re: Florida.

Look up Floriday yourself. Personally, I just regurgitated what CNN said about how fast the FEMA organization got aid to NO in respect to how slow it took in FL.

Edit: For more look at this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=77719#77719

Also, the only time I heard of an official, written document declaring a disaster area by the Gov was days after the hurricane hit. Standing on television and crying doesn’t give the feds authority to do anything but “feel her pain.”

• Were you not able to read both links I posted? One from the glorious Foxnews that is widely touted as being top dog on here?

Still waiting on that link for Florida.

Did you not read the other thread?

When did I ever tout Fox News as being the top news agency? I highly doubt I did at any point and will consider your statements as nothing but slander if you cannot give me at least 3 links where I did so.

• One from the glorious Foxnews that is widely touted as being top dog on here?

I never said you did…and it is for this reason I must depart this board. In light of recent events it seems that Jen can bash people all day long but if you stoop to her level then it is you that reaps the punishment. I made some good friends and wish you all the best in what ever you do.

@haxorboy:

@haxorboy:

One from the glorious Foxnews that is widely touted as being top dog on here?

I never said you did…and it is for this reason I must depart this board. In light of recent events it seems that Jen can bash people all day long but if you stoop to her level then it is you that reaps the punishment. I made some good friends and wish you all the best in what ever you do.

You quote yourself and then contradict yourself??? huh???

I didn’t bash you, I just said that I didn’t consider Fox news as top dog, personally.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m