• SOE Special Operations Executive, basically the american version of the british SAS. Are there rules for special operations or shadow ops in A&A. it is fairly well known that with the SOE or SOG, and the SAS then the war would have definitely gone to the germans. But throught the valiant efforts of a few men freedom won the day.

@SFC_Case:

SOE Special Operations Executive, basically the american version of the british SAS. Are there rules for special operations or shadow ops in A&A. it is fairly well known that with the SOE or SOG, and the SAS then the war would have definitely gone to the germans. But throught the valiant efforts of a few men freedom won the day.

nope… For Guerrilla’s mainly independent Civilian operators… But if you have some rules for SAS or SOE PLEASE POST 'EM HERE!

• The closest rules i could find for the use of Guerrillas is in a Max’s guide. It says something about sabotage and interception of leand lease that differs from the WaW expansion. I can’t quite remember what right now but will post the rules tomorrow

• To my mind partisans are a bad idea. The Axis has it tough enough already. I realize that it may add a certain dimension of realism, but so what? I mean, if we really want to get technical, then the German player should have to give up a part of his income every turn to spend on Hitler’s crazy, evil, and diabolical Holocaust.

But if one insists on adding partisans, it should cut both ways. The Japanese should get extra men on enemy occupied islands to represent those die-hard soldiers, some of whom didn’t surrender until years after the war was over. And the Germans should get partisans to represent to SS Werewolves who harassed the Allies after the occupation of former Nazi lands. Or at least, if the Allies get partisans for free every turn, then the Germans should get free Gestapo every turn to combat them.

And what about all of the unhappy folks in India and the Middle East who were actively supporting the Axis cause and couldn’t wait for England to get run out of those areas?

If you were to add them I would probably add a balancer for the axis like the Gestapo… The main idea is for it to be pain to somebody wanting to just invade and conquer to consider the fact that there are stings among the glory…

GG

• you could also put in monkeys! J/k :)

You could set them up in the neutral terr. and then get rid of the rule about these terr… so if you want to pass thru them you have to fight the guerrillas… axis or allie would have to fight them… you could either have a set amount of guerrillas to fight or they are set by rolling the dice upon enter this zone to find out how many forces you face and forced to fight them to the death… no matter if you get a bad roll or not or at least one round of combat or something…

• Why not add them as a possible penalty for occupying enemy colored territoy. Roll a D6 for each territory, if it’s 3 or less, they lose an ipc to sabotage, partisan activity, holding POW’s and the such.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m