• How is the quality of deer meat? Compared to saw a cow or chicken?

• '19 Moderator

The quality of the meat has a lot to do with how it is cared for before it gets to the butcher.

Personally I think Elk is equal to beef although much more lean. Venison is usually even more lean than Elk. The taste of the venison or elk is affected by what they eat as well.

So if you can get a nice Nebraska corn fed dear it is probably better than beef.

As for chicken, there is no bird that can compare with a thick slab of red meat!

• @TG:

How is the quality of deer meat? Compared to saw a cow or chicken?

Venison is tougher than most meat from domestic animals, and it also has a different taste.

• Venisons good though.

MMMMmmmm…… deer heart rules!

um, my grandfather, father and uncles are taking their annual trip to maine to go hunting the week before thanksgiving.

I may be going hunting either late this season or next season once i get a rifle.

• Personally I think Elk is equal to beef although much more lean. Venison is usually even more lean than Elk. The taste of the venison or elk is affected by what they eat as well.

Besides, straight cooking it on the grill, how else can you eat Elk. I heard that Venison soup is pretty good. :)

• i had a great moosemeat stew a couple of year ago. A buddy of mine was with this aboriginal group that shot it while jacklighting up in northern Manitoba (and yes, jacklighting is illegal here . . . ).

• Well, unfortunately, there’s nothing to hunt here in Kuwait.

Hmmm… go West a country or two and I bet there’s some things to hunt. :wink:

• '19 Moderator

@TG:

Besides, straight cooking it on the grill, how else can you eat Elk. I heard that Venison soup is pretty good. :)

You can do anything with elk that you can do with beef, you just have to keep from drying it out, because it is so lean.

• I got a friend who’s whole family hunts whitetails; they make deer burgers and ‘sloppy does’. (sloppy joes…. get it?)

• Venison also makes good jerky and sausage, I also like various pickled deer organs-I forget which ones besides the heart.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m