• Just so you know… I wrote that last one…
    Damn auto login, it becomes a habit. did’nt even check to see if I were loged in… :oops:

//Samael

• I see nothing wrong with giving paratroopers a surprise bonus (in the 1st round ONLY). If anyone feels differently … why don’t you make the surprise factor rolled for – such as the following:

1 = +1 attack (1st and 2nd rounds)
    2-3 = +1 attack (1st round only)
    4-5 = no bonus
    6 = defenders get +1 (paratroopers landed in wrong area)

Just an idea…

• @MistaBiggs:

I see nothing wrong with giving paratroopers a surprise bonus (in the 1st round ONLY). If anyone feels differently … why don’t you make the surprise factor rolled for – such as the following:

4-5 = no bonus

Just an idea…

that might be the right way to introduce theese mofo’s - keep the price @ 3 IPC /each, but due to their superior skills, they pocess a 50 pct. chance to become the ultimate weapon when swifting down upon an unknowing enemy - just like the 101 on d-day……some landed just where they were ment to be…others miles off - giving them no superiority at all, again represented by the 50% chance with the dice…that might be just it 8)

wouldn’t you want the bombers in battle??? just my opinion

• The benefit of paratroopers is to TAKE the territory. Whereas bombers ALONE can’t do this. In addition, the bomber will allow paratroopers to reach territories that are otherwise unaccessible. This is the major benefit/threat of paratroopers.

• moving this to house rules.

I think there should be AT’s

• AT’s are alright too!

• If you want the paratroopers to have a better attack capability, maby it is better to give them a “suprise attack factor”. This factor allow all paratroops to attack on a die roll of 2 or less, for the first round of battle only!

B. Andersson, Game Master

• @B.:

If you want the paratroopers to have a better attack capability, maby it is better to give them a “suprise attack factor”. This factor allow all paratroops to attack on a die roll of 2 or less, for the first round of battle only!

B. Andersson, Game Master

This was discussed already in this thread. For an added twist to the surprise factor (making it more realistic) see specifically:

@MistaBiggs:

I see nothing wrong with giving paratroopers a surprise bonus (in the 1st round ONLY). If anyone feels differently … why don’t you make the surprise factor rolled for – such as the following:

4-5 = no bonus

Just an idea…

I’m wondering… what do you think of Amphib. plus Para’s… do you think they need a advantage… like they tie down defending units…

Ideas…

• '19 Moderator

The Rules we use for Paratroops is that Bombers carry 1 Unit and they attack at two durring the turn they are dropped.

The whole Idea is to make people, especialy Russia cover all of thier territories. Plus it gives Germany a better shot at africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m