• Well I have cottoned on to the “infantry” of the sea, destroyers.

These units are great, they give the med. fleet some punch in defense and can threaten to sally out with the luftwaffe as fodder. That brit sub always gets away to counterattack with the bomber but not anymore. Last game the India RAF and Africa USAAF were trying to 1-2 me, to stop the stream of inf crossing but neither had the individual strength and UK was committed to India.

That and I had built up 3 on top of the battleship and transport (by about turn 7-8?).

I built the first on G1 and otherwise inf. I had to bolster the navy several times to better the odds and couldn’t stray too far from the med. Also the lone transport was very busy. Balancing europes forces was hairy and my armour was not increased.

I took few risks with the airforce (RR) so as to be a credible threat by sea and air. I think this was one game where UK should have not built their India base and instead blown me out of the water.

Anyway, is it just me or are destroyers under-rated?

• destroyers in normal Axis & Allies?

• Urm no, Iron blitz on the pc, hotseat.

I guess I’d had have to use transports on ye old A&A and get bombed.

• It seems to me as this Iron Blitz game is good. Can anyone tell me more about this game… They talk about it constantly but i have never seen it!

• same here, i downloaded the original A&A PC, but cant find Iron Blitz anywhere. like to know more

• Here it is, from the underdogs.

Click here

Now it should be said that the AI is that of a moron and a real game has to be played v humans (of course).

There is an editor for bids and RR options plus a few others like marines (cost 5ipcs and amphibious attack at 3) and the destroyer.

The game was made for windows95/98 and can run real slow on newer operating systems. It is pretty simple to fix however.

it’s more than just an editor of bids and RR… you can even custom movement,cost,Attack,and Defense for every unit and country specific! Paratroop units, Scorched Earth, Axis Advantage, and RR are just a couple of many options they have… the AI is Newbie, but hey there’s plenty of people to go around…

GG

• @FreeTheSlaves:

Anyway, is it just me or are destroyers under-rated?

I like playing w/destroyers!

I’m all for additional playing units. I guess I’m the “typical” guy – I like a little variety! :wink:

I also use destroyers (and all the other expansion pieces) in my board games too.

• 2007 AAR League

I’m 99.9 percent sure that they have Iron Blitz for Used & New on www.amazon.com and they probably have some on www.ebay.com aswell. Hope this helps :D :D :D .

Destroyers are norm to me when play AaAIB… you need them to get rid of any pesky subs and they are nice cause they can shoot back at Aircraft… I still mix the two though at usually 1 Destroyer: 2 Subs…

• We always play with destroyers! See my website for setup!

thrasher,
    ( EagleGames will re-release CONQUEST OF THE EMPIRE! More info: http://pub50.ezboard.com/fthrashersaxisandalliesforumsfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=407.topic )

• '19 Moderator

@UKcommander:

I’m 99.9 percent sure that they have Iron Blitz for Used & New on www.amazon.com and they probably have some on www.ebay.com aswell. Hope this helps :D :D :D .

They have it on Ebay all right but it is unbeliveably expencive. I have thought of burning a copy of mine and selling the original. It can go for over $100!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m