• i have a question on transports. if there is a seazone between two coutries and theres a transport between them can you move as many men or armor from one coountry to another. ive been having many problems with this.

history is boring without war
    -joshost

• No, once a transport moves its load from one country to another, its turn is over.

• GI is correct … once any transport unloads – it’s turn is over (regardless if it moved or not).

• :wink: Yeah, I actually read that in one of your posts. :D

• Best use of a transport:

You’ve got an infantry unit in England that is itching to deploy to the Western front and an infantry unit in France that misses it’s mommy. Load them both on an unused transport, and then unload them where they want to be. Rotating tours of duty!

Try it out in your next game. It is guaranteed to shock and awe your opponent!

I understand what you mean Josh… one time as britian in a game I got into a argument about the same philosophy, but then again, It’s to unfair for the Axis :roll: :wink:

• thanks for all the help :D

a rich snob is someone who can listen to the william tell overture and not think of the lone ranger.
    -unknown

• I had the same problem with my friends, and so far everyone else has been right. If you could send as many troops as possible UK wouldn’t even be worth picking, cause the’ll die pretty quick!

• The 2nd Ed rules call it “bridging,” and they specifically say that you cannot move more than 2 Inf or 1 Arm like this. After all, a transport can’t send ten separate loads for D-Day at the same time.

@debater12587:

The 2nd Ed rules call it “bridging,” and they specifically say that you cannot move more than 2 Inf or 1 Arm like this. After all, a transport can’t send ten separate loads for D-Day at the same time.

true but the transport could transport more men then one traveling 2,000 miles :wink:

• the way i sometimes play is that the transports can move twice as much. like if there was a transport between England and Western Europe or Japan and Manchuria, then that transport would be able to bring 4 infantry or 2 tanks since the distance isnt much at all.

• i like it

• I had the same problem with my friends, and so far everyone else has been right. If you could send as many troops as possible UK wouldn’t even be worth picking, cause the’ll die pretty quick!

I don’t see what you mean here, I would say it’s better to be UK, because they’re the ones who are likely to have transports and a chance to use them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m