Solution to give CPs a chance

• Maybe with this the CPs have a chance
    BSGerman.jpg

• My solution is:

1. Munich as a (minor) second german mobilization city for the Bavarian army (which was actualy seperatly mobilized like the prussian army). The tt is worth 4 IPCs, so it should be allowed to mobilize 4 units there in representation of the bavarian army of Kronprinz Rupprecht.
    2. Pimp up the USW.  When it comes to Incomephase of UK/US, the Player of the German Empire gets for every Sub that is located in SZs 2,7,8 one dice. He throws them all together and the highest result will be the IPCs that were taken away from UK/US.
    3. If Germany does not declare USW, the US enters the war on turn 6
    (by the way Italy, if not attacked enters on turn 2)
    4. Russian Revolution was actually good news for the Central Powers, so it has to be represented like that in the game. I remember KimRYoung (?) made a good suggestion for that but I�m to tired right now to copy them from the other thread.

(P.S. Leave the neutral countries alone (except Belgium/Greece) - Don`t know if that helps the CPs or not but invading switzerland or the netherlands will never feel like simulating ww1 to me)

• Customizer

Modify US entry: Start @ turn 5.

Every time the CPs invade a neutral (non-aligned) moves US entry 1 turn sooner.

Every time the Allies invade a NAN moves US entry 1 turn later.

First RR or Fall of Moscow moves US entry 1 turn sooner:

The first time the RR is eligible to occur, consider this the first (February) revolution, bringing a Republican, but pro-Allied government to power (welcomed by Washington). The CPs may, but are not obliged to, sign a treaty with this government, or they may choose to fight on. They may decide to delay acceptance in order to gain control of more Russian tt before the armistice, or attempt to take Moscow.

The 2nd time the RR condition occurs (October - Bolshevik crew) the CPs get their last chance to sign a treaty.

If the CPs sign a treaty with the Republicans, the war ends for Russia and no 2nd Revolution (Communist takeover) occurs.

In all cases, if the CPs either sign a treaty with Russia OR capture Moscow for the first time, they get a release of POWs of 1 infantry per full round played per power still at war with Russia.

Indeed this should be a general rule for countries that lose a capital; they must return POWs to all their active opponents @ 1 inf per power per completed round.

In the case of USA or (turn 2 entry) Italy the number must be calculated from their starting “at war” round.

• make it so that the allies cant lock the central armies in post revolution russia.

• @Flashman:

Modify US entry: Start @ turn 5.

Every time the CPs invade a neutral (non-aligned) moves US entry 1 turn sooner.

Every time the Allies invade a NAN moves US entry 1 turn later.

First RR or Fall of Moscow moves US entry 1 turn sooner:

That’s a great mechanic.

@Flashman:

The first time the RR is eligible to occur, consider this the first (February) revolution, bringing a Republican, but pro-Allied government to power (welcomed by Washington). The CPs may, but are not obliged to, sign a treaty with this government, or they may choose to fight on. They may decide to delay acceptance in order to gain control of more Russian tt before the armistice, or attempt to take Moscow.

The 2nd time the RR condition occurs (October - Bolshevik crew) the CPs get their last chance to sign a treaty.

If the CPs sign a treaty with the Republicans, the war ends for Russia and no 2nd Revolution (Communist takeover) occurs.

This gives the option of allowing the treaty to occur or not instead of it being automatic. Gives the CPs the power to choose depending on the situation of the war in each game. I like that better that playing with the optional rule or not: Make the rule automatic but the option is up to the Central Powers.

@Flashman:

In all cases, if the CPs either sign a treaty with Russia OR capture Moscow for the first time, they get a release of POWs of 1 infantry per full round played per power still at war with Russia.

Indeed this should be a general rule for countries that lose a capital; they must return POWs to all their active opponents @ 1 inf per power per completed round.

In the case of USA or (turn 2 entry) Italy the number must be calculated from their starting “at war” round.

That’s the best idea I’ve heard in a while, and not just for this version of the game but for any A&A game. I’d like to see the idea of POWs explored.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m