• Okay we are trying to clear up a thing or two here on our weekly games.

1- Bridging with a transport; I move my infantry onto the transport on my turn. It now has to wait until my next turn to move off the transport into another territory?

2- You have two infantry on one transport, you move transport one spot and offload one infantry onto an island capturing it, then move to another territory and drop another infantry off onto that island to capture it. Legal or no?

Unrelated:

An island is contained in one sea zone. Do airplanes pay one to move into the sea zone, then another to land on the island?

OR

An island is contained in one sea zone. Do airplanes pay one to move into the sea zone, one to attack the island, another to move onto the sea zone and its 4th to move out of the sea zone?

Unrelated:

Aircraft carriers and aircraft. Start of combat move phase, aircraft take off from the STARTING zone of the carrier, they move separately < 2 or 3 spaces for the carrier) and 4 for the aircraft and the aircraft expend up to 4 of their move and have to end in a legal landing spot.

OR

Aircraft carrier moves 2 or 3 spaces, aircraft take off and have up to 4 move from where the carrier stops?

Thanks gang!

• Unrelated - Island question :

Here’s how movement works regarding islands. Let’s say for instance you have a fighter on an island, say Java. You want to attack SZ43, which surrounds Borneo and attack a defenseless transport. Your fighter would expend one movement point during combat movement to leave Java and enter SZ42(which surrounds Java), it would expend another movement point during combat movement to enter SZ43. You would conduct combat. Your fighter still has 2 movement points left after combat. After combat, you would expend another movement point during non-combat to move from SZ43 back to SZ42. Then, expend your last movement point during non-combat to land back on Java. The thing to remember is, your aircraft have to expend a movement to leave the island to the sea zone, then expend other movement points to move to other islands, then expend another movement point to land back on a island. Using the explanation above, it should answer your question about movement between islands.

@Glendel:

Okay we are trying to clear up a thing or two here on our weekly games.

1- Bridging with a transport; I move my infantry onto the transport on my turn. It now has to wait until my next turn to move off the transport into another territory? - A : No, you can load and offload ground units on the same turn.

2- You have two infantry on one transport, you move transport one spot and offload one infantry onto an island capturing it, then move to another territory and drop another infantry off onto that island to capture it. Legal or no? -A : Not legal. You have to offload into the same territory. This is true during combat or non-combat.

Unrelated:

An island is contained in one sea zone. Do airplanes pay one to move into the sea zone, then another to land on the island? - A : Yes. An island is contained in one sea zone. However, for instance, the territory in SZ93 is not an island. If the territory is not assigned a name, it does not count for game purposes, meaning you can land aircraft on the territory in SZ93.

OR

An island is contained in one sea zone. Do airplanes pay one to move into the sea zone, one to attack the island, another to move onto the sea zone and its 4th to move out of the sea zone? - A : I don’t understand this question.

Unrelated:

Aircraft carriers and aircraft. Start of combat move phase, aircraft take off from the STARTING zone of the carrier, they move separately < 2 or 3 spaces for the carrier) and 4 for the aircraft and the aircraft expend up to 4 of their move and have to end in a legal landing spot. - A : Aircraft would take off from the AC. For instance, you have an AC in SZ37 w/a Fighter and Tactical bomber on board, you want to attack something in SZ6. Your aircraft take off from the AC. This does not expend a movement point, since the aircraft are already in SZ37, meaning to launch from the AC, does NOT expend a movement point. However, moving to another SZ would expend movement points. So, using this example, the aircraft spend a movement point to move from SZ37 to SZ36(one movement point), move to SZ36 to SZ20(one movement point), move from SZ20 to SZ19(one movement point), move from SZ19 to SZ6(one movement point). That’s four movement points. As long as there was a AC in SZ6, allowing the aircraft to land, this would be a legal move. Remember, you have to demonstrate that your aircraft have a legal landing spot during the combat move phase, so they can land during non-combat. Fighter and Tactical bombers belonging to your power, always launch from the AC, before moving during combat movement and non-combat movement. Fighter and Tacs belonging to Allied friendly powers, do not launch from the AC during combat or non-combat movement, as they are considered cargo. However, if an AC, with which you have Allied Fighters and Tacs aboard is attacked during combat. Those Fighters and Tacs would launch in defense of the seazone. If the AC they were on is damaged or killed during combat, they have one movement point to find another viable landing spot. You can’t land on damaged AC’s.

OR

Aircraft carrier moves 2 or 3 spaces, aircraft take off and have up to 4 move from where the carrier stops? - A : Per above, the aircraft belonging to your power launch and move, independent of the AC.

Hope this helps…

Thanks gang!

• I would read page 30 of the European rule book for more clarification on Transports. Page 28 should help clarify AC operations. Page 21 should help w/Non-combat movement. Page 14 will help w/more info on AC’s, Fighters and Tacs aboard AC’s. Page 13 contains info on air units and movement during combat. Page 8 has info on islands.

• Here’s the link to download the rulebook, in case you don’t have it already :

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

• Official Q&A

@Glendel:

1- Bridging with a transport; I move my infantry onto the transport on my turn. It now has to wait until my next turn to move off the transport into another territory?

That depends on who owns the transport.  If it’s yours, you can offload right away.  If it belongs to your ally, you have to wait until your next turn.

@Glendel:

2- You have two infantry on one transport, you move transport one spot and offload one infantry onto an island capturing it, then move to another territory and drop another infantry off onto that island to capture it. Legal or no?

It’s not legal.  A transport’s movement ends as soon as it offloads, and it may do nothing else after that.

@Glendel:

Aircraft carriers and aircraft. Start of combat move phase, aircraft take off from the STARTING zone of the carrier, they move separately < 2 or 3 spaces for the carrier) and 4 for the aircraft and the aircraft expend up to 4 of their move and have to end in a legal landing spot.

OR

Aircraft carrier moves 2 or 3 spaces, aircraft take off and have up to 4 move from where the carrier stops?

Option 1 is correct.  Air units always take off from carriers before they move and land after they move.

• TripleA

What I like to do is unload usa on Normandy. UK goes right after and loads up on USA transports, then it offloads a counter attack the next round wherever USA brings the boats.

:)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m