Need input on how cp can win, or is it just sheer luck if they do?

• had my ass kicked by my mate yesterday, he was the CP and had absolutely no problems at all. he simply was patient did not get lost in useles battles, made retreats when needed and bloody captured india despite the fact that I had spent 90 points in the course of 3 rounds there!!! better dice on his part sure but I really do not think the game is as lobsided to the allies as one might think also granted it was my first allied command as well so slight mistakes were made on my part but nothing disastrous. so I really think you can win as the cp but you’re in it for the looooooooooooooooooong run and need jedi-like patience :p

• With the OOB the centrals never won one game. With the tournament rules it is about 50/50. And the only house rule we use is impassable Switzerland.

• @Tavenier:

With the OOB the centrals never won one game. With the tournament rules it is about 50/50. And the only house rule we use is impassable Switzerland.Â

Played a lot with the Tournament Rules and no one even bothered to go there as you can get around it with the 2-moves quite easy. Its not worth slowing down the offensive with the CP. Just an observation from my group.

FYI, we have had the CP get wins with OOB rules, but its a grind and that was WITHOUT using the RR rules too! 2-move rule makes for a more dynamic game.

Kim

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m