• Because they won mostly

• @DarthShizNit:

Because they won mostly

Huh? because they won the war baden württemberg has to be called a “natural part” of france?

lol so maybe florida should be a “natural” part of vietnam then

I agree with strategic annexions after a victorious war, but calling Elsaß and even Baden Württemberg a natural part of france
    overstates the case a little bit

• The winner gets to make up whatever he wants, that’s kinda the point of war. And if Charlie had the balls to win the war militarily to the point where he could invade the continental United States then by all means, he can have Flordia, hell he can have it anyway.

• as you can see on my last edit that was not my point…
    But Charly would never have historical arguments to call Florida an natural part of Vietnam, neither has France with Baden Württemberg, or has  Germany with
    Picardie.  :wink:

• The day the goal of a war needs to make sense is the day war is no longer needed  :-D

• @DarthShizNit:

The winner gets to make up whatever he wants, that’s kinda the point of war. And if Charlie had the balls to win the war militarily to the point where he could invade the continental United States then by all means, he can have Flordia, hell he can have it anyway.

But then we’d have to pay international shipping when we buy from CSI. :x

• Yeah but we would be rid of Florida. International shipping is worth the price.

• And the price of international shipping would be offset by the low cost of the games. After all, Vietnamese children are hard workers. :evil:

• @DarthShizNit:

Yeah but we would be rid of Florida. International shipping is worth the price.

Great prospects for many US pensioners  :lol:

• Customizer

Well Germans always thought Straßburg is a german city unnaturally held by France from 1648 until 1871. (They grabbed it after the westphalian peace)
    Straßburg was like 95% of Elsaß naturally German speaking untill it was franconisized after ww1 and especially after ww2
    Fact 2 is that on the map most of “alsace” is baden württemberg so why should it be a “naturally part of france”

That’s France’s opinion, not mine.

If upgrading the tt to a production centre, it’d be named Strasbourg, so the we’d have to overlook the compromised tt names. If I’d done the map it would have been “Swabia” anyway, which is why I initially suggested Stuttgart as the PC.

• Customizer

BLACKADDER THE FOURTH (EPISODE TWO)

BRITAIN

A whole range of attacks brings mixed success. An AA on Trieste is slaughtered on the beaches. Belgian Congo is taken, now only one German remains in Africa guarding Togo.

A major offensive against Turkey captures Smyrna and Mesopotamia, but the Ottomen hold on in Ankara and Sevastopol.

The last German rearguard is removed from Belgium, and the last of the Canadians board a French pleasure steamer.

For fear of the German BB in the Baltic, the UK transport fleet steams for Archangel, taking an expeditionary force of 4 & 4 to prop up the collapsing Russian Northern Front.

Three tanks are purchased, with an AA/land drive on Kiel in mind; a new BB to secure the home fleet is laid down.

TURKEY

An attempt to retake Smyrna results in the games first wipe-out, as the tt is left empty by mutual destruction. The running sore of Montalbania is finally healed.

A disastrous invasion of Ukraine wastes the best part of a Turksih army for only 2 enemy casualties despite air superiority; the Austrian follow-up needs to be more professional.

ITALY

Can only sit tight and wait for the American tidal wave to wash away the Austro-Germans in Tuscany. With apologies to the French, the Italian force in Marseilles is  brought back to Rome, one infantry moves down to garrison Naples.

Italy buys the obligatory tank.

U.S.A.

The American ambassadors in Berlin and Vienna deliver the President’s Declaration of War. One second later a force of 6 & 4 Americans land in the beaches of Tuscany. Without air support (which the DD neglected to provide) they are slaughtered like sheep by the Austrian’s fine artillery. The 4 casualties they inflict are mainly taken by the German contingent, but might just have weakened the Teutons enough to save Rome, but at a heavy cost.

The 3rd American contingent off Portugal politely ask their commanders if they can turn for home.

“Liberty” tanks, transports and planes begin production in Washington.

Tanks will see some action next turn, but only for Italy and Turkey (since their capitals are under threat from adjacent tts), and possibly the UK who can use them in an AA. This last is probably the best use of armour, but it remains to be seen if this is enough to justify the purchase.

I’d like some more UK & American transports. I don’t need them, but I dislike using chips for naval units when the SZs are so big.

America being allowed to have a fully laden fleet off Italy before declaring war is, of course, completely bonkers. so it serves them right.

Very unlikely we’ll ever see American subs, as the CP fleet is unlikely to survive to U4.

• @Flashman:

TURKEY

An attempt to retake Smyrna results in the games first wipe-out, as the tt is left empty by mutual destruction. The running sore of Montalbania is finally healed.

So in this scenario, if the territory was contested instead of just occupied, after a mutual destruction would the territory revert back to Ottoman control and it would get the IPCs?

• @Cyprian:

@Flashman:

TURKEY

So in this scenario, if the territory was contested instead of just occupied, after a mutual destruction would the territory revert back to Ottoman control and it would get the IPCs?

I imagine so.

• Why on earth would it revert back? There is still a UK flag flying proudly amidsts the ruined trenches filled with dead people. There is no Turk to take the flag down.

• If it was contested, then it would go back to Ottoman control, if UK had complete control, it would stay UK.

• Customizer

I’m pretty sure it won’t ‘revert’ to anything, whoever controlled it before it became contested will control it after it is vacant of all units. In this case, that’s Britain.

• If it’s Smyrna, then wouldn’t it just go back to being an uncontested Turkish territory?

• who controlled it at the beginning of the turn of the annihilation?

• The british controlled it. The turks killed the units but still failed to take the territory as they were all dead. Hence it remains British

• Doesn’t it go back to the Turks?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m