• Italy needs to take Greece, Albania and rescue Serbia.

(good luck poor little Italy)

• So Italy and the Ottoman Empire are both screwed, there it balances out  :wink:

• @ossel:

Speaking of the production chart, has it been confirmed how it works? It looks like a “10’s scale/1’s scale” type thing.

Yeah, its a track system they liftet from WWII- The Struggle and its main purpose is to prevent the eternal back-and-forth swapping of territories since now its a challenge to move your marker in the stack.

• Also, Albania is worth 2 as far as I can tell, so with the Libyian army, that’s 6 units sitting there. Especially if Serbia doesn’t fall then that’s a problem for the Austrians.

• This is fun to think about. So many options…
    I love playing doomed powers, so the Ottomans and Italians should be interesting. As the British charge Constantinople, can the Ottomen hold out? Can Austria hold the back. Will Russia bite from the North. Defense is advantaged, so maybe…

As the Austrians consider the eminent fall of their Middle Eastern Ally, do they dare charge Italy, burning resources all the while? Do they hold ground even against the Brits of Greece? The Ukrainians?

As Italy sees eminent doom, do they fight for the balkans, in a Offence-is-the-best-defence move? Or do they rush to support the only thing that truly matters: Paris? Or do they assist the British in fighting of the Turks?

It all comes down to Southern Europe, assuming the west is stagnant. So giddy! Why does Amazon have no preorder?

• Customizer

Your eyesight is evidently not so good, as starting income is only 14.

Just so I know we’re on the same planet here, are you telling me you can make out the IPC values of Italy from this image?

http://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/aa14-setup-rendering.jpg

You must have X-ray vision.

@Hitlers:

@Flashman:

Sorry, I had assumed from the first post in this thread that there was a map clearly showing all tt names and IPC values.

There isn’t but I can read the tt values in Italy

• '12

@Flashman:

Just so I know we’re on the same planet here, are you telling me you can make out the IPC values of Italy from this image?

http://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/aa14-setup-rendering.jpg

It’s not that clear, but Naples looks very like a 2, the African territories are 1 each, and the remaining Italian areas in the boot all look like 3s or 2s.  Assuming Rome looks like a 3 since it doesn’t quite the 2 in Naples, then it might be 2 for Tuscany and 3 each for Venice and Piedmont.  Anyway, the margin of error is only in the price range of 1 Infantry unit.

• Customizer

That still adds up to 15

• '12

@Flashman:

That still adds up to 15

I was just making the point that the particular image you are talking about does in fact provide enough detail to have a reasonably accurate guess as to Italy’s income, which I thought you were disagreeing with.

• Customizer

• '12

Something else about Italy’s income is that I believe this game includes NOs, so without knowing how easy Italy’s are to maintain, they could have more money than might be expected just from viewing the map.

• I think a 1 IPC difference isn’t that bad of an error. Plus they may have changed the IPC value like they did with Russia (in Larry’s turn post it had 26, in the Setup post it has 25). Venice is

a little blurred with my resolution so it looked like a 3 instead of a 2.

@Flashman:

• :|@Croesus:

This is fun to think about. So many options…
    I love playing doomed powers, so the Ottomans and Italians should be interesting. As the British charge Constantinople, can the Ottomen hold out? Can Austria hold the back. Will Russia bite from the North. Defense is advantaged, so maybe…

As the Austrians consider the eminent fall of their Middle Eastern Ally, do they dare charge Italy, burning resources all the while? Do they hold ground even against the Brits of Greece? The Ukrainians?

As Italy sees eminent doom, do they fight for the balkans, in a Offence-is-the-best-defence move? Or do they rush to support the only thing that truly matters: Paris? Or do they assist the British in fighting of the Turks?

It all comes down to Southern Europe, assuming the west is stagnant. So giddy! Why does Amazon have no preorder?

I know as Italy I’m going offense as the best defense, I do like to role play after all  :-D

• Customizer

Didn’t Jensen say no NOs?

My modded map will give Italy a couple more dollars for Cyrenaica and Eritrea; maybe 1 for Sicily. But, like in the real thing, Italy will probably need reinforcing from B & F when the CPs go after it.

@Eggman:

Something else about Italy’s income is that I believe this game includes NOs, so without knowing how easy Italy’s are to maintain, they could have more money than might be expected just from viewing the map.

• Flashman’s right. The following is from David’s “Catching up on some reading” post:

Yes, there are optional rules for the Russian Revolution. No National Objectives. No ANZAC but this is an 8 player game, 4 vs 4 so do you really need ANZAC too?

• '12

Hmmm well it doesn’t look too good for Italy then.  I suppose their next best hope is the new mechanic with territories being contested… so you dribble in just enough men that your northern border is always contested and the enemy can’t advance south.

• @Eggman:

Hmmm well it doesn’t look too good for Italy then.  I suppose their next best hope is the new mechanic with territories being contested… so you dribble in just enough men that your northern border is always contested and the enemy can’t advance south.

Amphibious attack in Tuscany (1 inf) knocks out reinforcement line. Game over in Italy

• Not necissarily. Italy still has plenty of troops in the North to at least hold on for a turn and to feed into venice. On I1 just send the Rome Forces up to clear out Tuscany and boom! Line reopned in time before any germans get in the way.

• Where is italian eritra? Forgotten??

• Customizer

It’s on my version of the map.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapLarryFlash.PNG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m