California(all purpose), What's up?

• In 1997 or 1998, Gov. Gray Davis pushed 12 weeks of unpaid leave for CA gov’t. workers through the CA legislature. The gov’t. workers have said, “We cannot afford to take the time off.” So Gray is pushing 55% pay for the first 6 weeks. I missed the news after that. Isn’t this an election year for Davey boy. Hmm. I bet he increases the payout in 4 years again(What? another election year?) Isn’t CA almost the highest taxed state in the US? - Xi

Hey what happens if CA splits after a quake? Will we have a West CA and East CA…two states? :wink:

“Never answer a hypothetical question.”

• Moshe Arens, Israeli Defense Minister

Good idea. - Xi

• Gray Davis has been governor of California since 1993? Sure…… :roll:

So Gray is pushing 55% pay for the first 6 weeks. I missed the news after that. Isn’t this an election year for Davey boy. Hmm. I bet he increases the payout in 4 years again(What? another election year?) Isn’t CA almost the highest taxed state in the US? - Xi

He’s just doing to try and steal votes from the workers. I think CA has the highest taxes in the US. What was it again? 44-47%? Texas doesn’t even have a state income tax!

Hey what happens if Ca slits after a quake? Will we have a West CA and East CA…two states?

Probably, though the North and South don’t get along.

• Who was CA’s Gov. before Davis?

Sorry, my error. :oops: - Xi
    –------------------------------------
    “There are only two families in the world,
    the Haves and Have-Nots.” - Miguel de Cervantes

Uh, yeah! - Xi

• I think it was Pete Wilson. Good guy, much better than that baffoon, Gray Davis IMHO.

BTW, why you so interested in California?

• Just heard today aboot the Paid leave. Know that whoever’s been Gov. of da big states for 4 or more years may be a good candidate for US President. Finally, 144 years late, we get a Davis for President? :roll: Oh, my gods!
    –--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I feel like the javelin competitor who
    won the toss and elected to receive.”

• George H. W. Bush

I wonder when this was? - Xi

• You better not be serious when you say Davis for President. He’s more of a prostitute than Clinton.

• Who , me? :P Wa da u tink Davis’ plans are for 2004 or 2008?
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Imagination is intelligence having fun.” - Anonymous

I imagine. - Xi

• He’ll lose either way.

• Did the 12 week leave for gov’t. workers idea pass? :-?

• New Jersey taxes I believe are higher than California. 49% in highest tax bracket.

• Lemme get this straight….he wants to give them 3 months of the year OFF!?!? Is that INSANE or is it just me!? :o

• No. DS. It’s in case your dog is sick, or you and your life partner adopt, or you need time to recuperate from your sex correction operation. Currently(since 1998?), they can have it without pay, I believe. But, last summer or fall, the CA legislature was considering Gov. Davis’ request to make it PAID @ 55% of salary :roll: . This opens the door for increasing it to 100% later, of course.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m